Grab Your Wallet

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
L.L. Bean board member says anti-Trump boycotts are ‘smokescreen’ for something much bigger

According to its website, #GrabYourWallet is a movement that began in October on Twitter in response to the “Access Hollywood” tapes depicting Trump’s lewd comments about women. The campaign is devoted to “the flexing of consumer power in favor of a more respectful, inclusive society.”

The #GrabYourWallet website is encouraging people to contact the brands they list and tell their employees: “Hi. I’m a customer/fan of your brand. Unfortunately, I’ll no longer be able to shop there because you do business with the Trump family. If you were to no longer do so I would consider returning as a customer. Please communicate my feedback to store management.”

There are ulterior motives, though, according to Bean.

“It’s the bullies who want to go after, basically, our jobs,” she told Fox Business Network host Stuart Varney Friday afternoon. “I believe it’s just a smokescreen because the effect of a boycott is to kill jobs — boycotts and bullies kill jobs.” She did not explain why, in her view, her employees’ jobs were specifically being targeted.