New Federal Safety Standards

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had to look it up.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-...ral-Safety-Standard-for-Infant-Sling-Carriers

Between January 2003 and September 2016, 159 incidents were reported to CPSC involving sling carriers; 17 were fatal and 142 were nonfatal. Of the 142 nonfatal incidents, 67 reports involved an injury to the infant during use of the product. Among the 67 reported nonfatal injuries, 10 involved hospitalizations.

So in 13 years, there were 159 baby sling "incidents". That's about 1 month - in other words, statistically insignificant. Considering all the drooling moron parents out there, clearly you have to work really hard and be highly motivated in order to injure your baby with a sling carrier.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So in 13 years, there were 159 baby sling "incidents". That's about 1 month - in other words, statistically insignificant. Considering all the drooling moron parents out there, clearly you have to work really hard and be highly motivated in order to injure your baby with a sling carrier.

Yes more gov oversight to make us 'safer'

correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the new age hippie freaks that brought this back from ? India ? and started using the concept here :shrug:

why aren't the probots burning down some Gov'ie office somewhere protesting