Poll: 74 percent want to see Trump's tax returns

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Almost three-quarters of Americans think President-elect Donald Trump should release his tax returns, according to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Seventy-four percent say Trump should release his tax returns, which the president-elect refused to do during his campaign. At his first post-election press conference last week, Trump argued that no one but members of the media care about his tax returns, reiterating that he won't release them while he's under federal audit. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314483-almost-three-quarters-of-americans-want-trump-to-release-tax-returns

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
" Almost three-quarters of Americans think President-elect Donald Trump should release his tax returns, according to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Seventy-four percent say Trump should release his tax returns, which the president-elect refused to do during his campaign. At his first post-election press conference last week, Trump argued that no one but members of the media care about his tax returns, reiterating that he won't release them while he's under federal audit. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314483-almost-three-quarters-of-americans-want-trump-to-release-tax-returns

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.....if you agree to this I'll be on your side on this point....

tommyjo

24% don't want to see the taxes? That seems about right...the percentage of people who actually voted "FOR" Trump as opposed to those who voted against Clinton.

24% who don't want to see what's behind the curtain because it will show how truly blind they are.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
24% don't want to see the taxes? That seems about right...the percentage of people who actually voted "FOR" Trump as opposed to those who voted against Clinton.

24% who don't want to see what's behind the curtain because it will show how truly blind they are.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.....if you agree to this I'll be on your side on this point....

Not only taxes......

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
let me see ....

ABC / WaPO Poll ---> Langer Research - Gary Langer, ABC’s former longtime director of polling

so a former ABC employee is founds his own 'Polling Firm' gets repeatedly used by ABC .... I am sure there is NO Bias there
I wonder what democratic neighborhood they made these robocalls in .....

Trump got 49% of the VOTE - it is really difficult to believe suddenly 74% of the Population wants to see his tax returns

Last edited:

Rommey

I think he should release them...only because he repeatedly said he would release them. Not releasing them has the appearance of something not be legit. This is the same thing as all the calls for Obama's birth Certificate in 2008-09. Just as Obama could have put the whole thing to rest and finally settle the controversy, he stonewalled and deflected the issue until it became apparent the issue wasn't going to go away. Trump will be dogged by this for the same reasons...because there are a number of people out there that won't let it fade off into the sunset.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Only 74% of the ABC News and WashPo newsrooms want to see Trump's tax return? I'd have thought it would be higher.

Hijinx

I think he should release them...only because he repeatedly said he would release them. Not releasing them has the appearance of something not be legit. This is the same thing as all the calls for Obama's birth Certificate in 2008-09. Just as Obama could have put the whole thing to rest and finally settle the controversy, he stonewalled and deflected the issue until it became apparent the issue wasn't going to go away. Trump will be dogged by this for the same reasons...because there are a number of people out there that won't let it fade off into the sunset.

Well I suppose Trump could do the same thing Obama did with his birth certificate. Just forge one and show it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Agree. He's already been elected and they can't impeach him for anything a legal tax return might disclose, so he might as well release them and be done with it.

Or he can string it out, see if he can make a few more heads pop. I definitely get the impression that Trump likes to toy with people and have some fun at their expense.

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I don't see another poll in my life, I will be happy. Who, what, when, where, why do these polls come from? Answer: From whomever just wants to put BS out there. The polls were way wrong during the election, and, I know, they are way, way wrong, now. I do not pay attention to polls. Period.

SamSpade

After the brilliant work of polling firms last fall, I'm not sure we can place a lot of faith in opinion polls.

Barring that - the way a question is worded changes a lot of things - such as "would you like to see what's in Trump's sock drawer" as opposed to "should Trump allow the American people to know what's in his sock drawer"?

I'd hazard a guess and say 24% really don't care.

SamSpade

Trump got 49% of the VOTE - it is really difficult to believe suddenly 74% of the Population wants to see his tax returns

She's trying to connect the fact that less than 100% of eligible voters ever cast votes - so that 49% of the vote does not equate to 49% of the population.
HOW the numbers align is anyone's guess, especially if they didn't include whether or not they voted as part of the sample.

What certainly MUST be true is that a HUGE proportion of those included in the sample almost certainly did not vote - and frankly, their opinion isn't worth anything to me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think he should release them...only because he repeatedly said he would release them. Not releasing them has the appearance of something not be legit.

it makes no difference if trump releases them or not ... the progbots will bitch and complain either way,
they will make will assed claims about what deductions were taken like Trump did something illegal
Relying on peoples ignorance about how the rich handle their taxes

Like Romney's %14 tax rate

Midnightrider

you idiot birthers should be the ones crying the loudest for trump's tax returns......

I am guessing when he does you will refuse to beleive that they are real and refuse to beleive it even if the head of the IRS verifies them as accuate.....

SamSpade

you idiot birthers should be the ones crying the loudest for trump's tax returns......

I am guessing when he does you will refuse to beleive that they are real and refuse to beleive it even if the head of the IRS verifies them as accuate.....

You seem to have the narrative mixed up -

It is the left clamoring for tax returns -

So when they are released, it is THEY who will claim they are faked even if the IRS says they are accurate.

Hijinx

I would bet that Trump pays more to his tax preparers than he pays in taxes.,
His tax preparers pay taxes. It all evens out.
If liberals do not like Trumps tax breaks they should change the laws and not bitch because he uses them.

But remember this, rich people in Congress from both parties pass those tax laws and they are not going to screw themselves.
And Democrats who are rich use these same laws. It isn't like Trump is any different from any other rich person.

PeoplesElbow

After the brilliant work of polling firms last fall, I'm not sure we can place a lot of faith in opinion polls.

Barring that - the way a question is worded changes a lot of things - such as "would you like to see what's in Trump's sock drawer" as opposed to "should Trump allow the American people to know what's in his sock drawer"?

I'd hazard a guess and say 24% really don't care.

I would like to see his sock drawer