Obama: Rush Made Me FAIL

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Blames Rush, Sean Hannity, Fox for his failures.

The headline on Mediaite said it all:

Obama: Limbaugh, Fox Helped Create Environment for Republicans Refusing to Work With Me

The story began thusly, bold print for emphasis supplied:

In tonight’s NBC Dateline special, as President Obama tonight discussed his frustrations with Republicans for not being more willing to work with him over the past eight years, he once again invoked Rush Limbaugh and Fox News to discuss that very issue.

Because while on the one hand there was a “tactical” decision not to work with him, Obama told Lester Holt, there was also a pressure they had to deal with:

“The ability of Republican leaders to rile up their base, helped along by folks like Rush Limbaugh and some commentators on Fox News, I think created an environment in which Republican voters would punish Republicans for cooperating with me.”

The “some commentators on Fox News” without doubt refers to Sean Hannity, perhaps the fiercest Obama critic in the nighttime line-up of the period.

So where do we start with this amazing Obama admission? Here.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This is the problem with these affirmative programs. In many cases the standards have to be lowered. Instead of judging Obama on his past experience and merits, those things were overlooked. He was a junior senator with no real leadership experience to speak of. No wonder he fell flat on his face. He blamed all his shortcomings for 7.5 years on Bush. Now it's Limbaugh and Foxes' fault.

Barry was never comfortable with leading. Tip O'Neill & Ron Reagan is a perfect example of 'adversaries' who attempted to get along as that's what was best for the nation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What a wimp. That admission should embarrass him, especially considering that The Donald has no problem handling the press.

Hijinx

The President of the United States. The most Powerful position on the face of the earth and he was defeated by a formerly fat entertainer, and a couple of Journalists on Fox news.

No son. Your agenda SUCKED. Your arrogance SUCKED. Your Racism SUCKED. YOU SUCKED.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well... Obama had a phone, a pen, veto power, EO's, Reid, and Pelosi. The Republicans didn't stand a chance against Obama. I didn't think he could play the blame game any lower, but he did. Blaming news commentators for his failure? Seriously! It is worse than I thought. Bye, bye, Obama, and don't steal too much on your way out of the WH door. We will ask for it back just like with the Clintons. And, please, remember where you put those land mines you left for Trump. Just looking out for you. :patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rush Limbaugh will have a field day with this. He's a blowhard anyway and thinks he's God's gift to the world, he'll be insufferable for the rest of the week. Good thing I'm not traveling and won't be listening to him - I get aggravated when he's just his normal windbag self.

It's fascinating to listen to Obama insist that the conservative media controls the Republicans. I guess he thinks that because the Left media controls him, the same must be true of the GOP.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I would say it astounds me that an adult of Obama's intelligence should be able to recognize his own failures and take responsibility for them; but that's just not who these people are. Not only do they incessantly lie to us about their intentions; they also lie to themselves about how they've failed to accomplish their goals. They wonder how it is their lies didn't result in success. They just don't understand that Americans are not that stupid. This is the height of ignorance and arrogance.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Rush Limbaugh will have a field day with this. He's a blowhard anyway and thinks he's God's gift to the world, he'll be insufferable for the rest of the week.

Rush cracks me up. He loves it every time his name is invoked by people like Obama. But you have to know that Rush lives and dies on hyperbole. He revels in being a 'blowhard'. If you can sift through all the nonsense he spews, you'll find he gets it right.

SamSpade

So which is it? Did he have an amazing Presidency, filled with incredible accomplishments - or a series of near accomplishments that were mostly thwarted by a hostile public who were duped by people on TV and radio?
You know, despite the fact that even though those outlets are popular still only comprise a FRACTION of the total population?

What's more is - once again he is not blaming himself - but he is actually doing what he's done before - blaming the American public for being too stupid to see his superior choices.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's fascinating to listen to Obama insist that the conservative media controls the Republicans.

here is the thing ...... because of his presence on talk Radio Rush has kept the left from controlling the message for 20 some years ....

I spent the 90's driving around in a work truck going from job to job, listening to Rush talk about things the Clinton's would rather have been buried so they could move on their agenda
you heard about it on Rush and read about it on the Washington Times - otherwise the Progressive Media ie. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC wasn't talking about it

Whitewater, Cattle Futures, White House Travel Office ... etc

Rush helped set the tone, he kept the Democrats from burying inconvenient facts or hiding things

tommyjo

What a wimp. That admission should embarrass him, especially considering that The Donald has no problem handling the press.

Really? Throwing them off the bus, taking away credentials, refusing to take questions...or in other words he basically sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "NA...NA...NA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" is your idea of dealing with the press?

Every negative report about him is met with a bullying rant on twitter of another of his ceaseless claims of "media bias" and whining that they aren't "being fair"?? In other words making the exact same claim that Mr. Obama does above...not one iota of difference.

SamSpade

Really? Throwing them off the bus, taking away credentials, refusing to take questions...or in other words he basically sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "NA...NA...NA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" is your idea of dealing with the press?

Every negative report about him is met with a bullying rant on twitter of another of his ceaseless claims of "media bias" and whining that they aren't "being fair"?? In other words making the exact same claim that Mr. Obama does above...not one iota of difference.

Of course, he COULD do it the Obama way - only answer questions submitted the night before that have been properly screened.

And after that childish outburst from Jim Acosta - the likes of which I have NEVER seen - I'd consider having him gagged. What kind of entitled crap is it that they think they have a right to have their questions answered? I have a seven year old who thinks that, and I usually punish that behavior.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Really? Throwing them off the bus, taking away credentials, refusing to take questions...or in other words he basically sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "NA...NA...NA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" is your idea of dealing with the DISHONEST press?

Yup!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The President of the United States. The most Powerful position on the face of the earth and he was defeated by a formerly fat entertainer, and a couple of Journalists on Fox news.

Exactly. Obama could have simply engaged Rush at some point when he felt, you know, like RUSH LIMBAUGH IS DESTROYING MY ENTIRE PRESIDENCY and pushed back, if not for himself then for the nation. All he had to do was believe in himself and what he was doing to simply put Limbaugh on the spot, ask him to be on his show one day, Limbaugh could NOT say no and then just have a conversation with him, disagree, make his own case, put Rush on the spot that he, Rush, wanted him to fail.

He, Obama, could have cited both Roosevelts, LBJ, Jimmy Carter and his Camp David work, even Bill Clinton, to make a case for his policies and ideas.

Sometimes I feel like the whole thing truly is rigged. Obama could have absolutely neutered Limbaugh, early on, call it a beer and radio summit, and just been done with it. Respectful disagreement, whatever. But, no. And why NOT??? He doesn't have to beat him or 'win'. He simply has to have the courage of his convictions. Why on earth would you NOT fight back if you felt that level of threat??? You don't care? You're not up to it? You want Rush to succeed????

SamSpade

Oddly enough - I'm fine with that but for one thing - the press otherwise gets out ahead of him to distort the story.

Consider the John Lewis thing - Friday he makes his remark about Trump not being a legitimate President.

The New York Times *IGNORES* the story completely.

Until Trump hits back - THEN, it's Trump attacking Lewis. FRONT PAGE.

The Tweets have the effect of showing who hit first - and properly embarrasses the press for their bias.

When he hits back, it may come across as thin-skinned, but it also shows who started it. If the press wants to ignore pot shots taken at Trump, then it needs to overlook shots he takes back.

That IS media bias.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Of course, he COULD do it the Obama way - only answer questions submitted the night before that have been properly screened.

And after that childish outburst from Jim Acosta - the likes of which I have NEVER seen - I'd consider having him gagged. What kind of entitled crap is it that they think they have a right to have their questions answered? I have a seven year old who thinks that, and I usually punish that behavior.

The press has had their way for far too long. Finally they are put on their heels. While it was uncomfortable watching that whole scene, it was also quite gratifying to see someone finally put their arrogant pressers in their place.

SamSpade

Why on earth would you NOT fight back if you felt that level of threat??? You don't care? You're not up to it? You want Rush to succeed????

I do think that Obama was - for lack of a better word - afraid to do Rush.

For one thing - Rush is LIVE. Even his interviews with O'Reilly were taped and edited. Rush is live and is not going to be gentle.

Obama during his presidency always controlled the event, whether it was pressers or interviews. About the closest he ever came to live events were the late night talk shows - and they were always in a highly favorable environment.

Ever watch Prime Minister's Questions? It's nothing short of brutal, with boos and cat-calls. And British PM's do it all the time.
Obama would never have lasted in such an environment - he's coddled too much.

Trump has always lived in such an environment. He may be rough around the edges, but it's still what he's used to.