You know what would be cool?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know how protesters in other countries set themselves on fire to get their point across? Wouldn't it be great if all the dorks churning out to whine and bitch about Trump on Friday did that?

If they *really* meant it and *really* wanted to make a statement, that's what they would do. :whistle:

littlelady

God bless the USA
:lol: They don't have the guts. As soon as they protest, they will run to their safe spaces; that is if they make it that far. I think, just because I want all to be ok, that these puff chested protesters will fizzle, and not show up. We shall see. Go, Trump, and may you have a peaceful inauguration. And, we don't want anything to happen to Bann! :jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, we don't want anything to happen to Bann! :jet:

Nah, she's smart and wants to enjoy the inauguration, so she'll be out of the line of fire when the protesters are keening and throwing themselves on the floor. But she could get video for us. Wouldn't that be awesome???

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nah, she's smart and wants to enjoy the inauguration, so she'll be out of the line of fire when the protesters are keening and throwing themselves on the floor. But she could get video for us. Wouldn't that be awesome???

Yes, it would! I hope she does. That would be great; unedited, on the scene, clean news! Go, Bann!

I hope she accepts the assignment! :lol:

Last edited:

General Lee

Saw a blip somewhere where the ACLU or one of those civil rights organizations want the officer's body cams who are working the inauguration turned off. WTF!? These are the same dumb asses who bitch and moan about transparency and want people held accountable, but want the cameras turned off for their protesters.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Saw a blip somewhere where the ACLU or one of those civil rights organizations want the officer's body cams who are working the inauguration turned off. WTF!? These are the same dumb asses who bitch and moan about transparency and want people held accountable, but want the cameras turned off for their protesters.

I guarantee you there will be plenty of cameras around.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

http://lawofficer.com/news/aclu-dem...uguration-while-they-intend-to-record-police/

Civil rights groups are concerned that the police will violate their rights during the Inauguration protests so they intend to record their behavior. Meanwhile, the ACLU is demanding that the police turn off their body worn cameras during the events.

D.C. Police say their policy is to only record when there is a police activity and they do not consider monitoring protests an activity.

“We are concerned what they will do with the data,” says Monica Hopkins-Maxwell of the District of Columbia ACLU.

but the irony is, the ACLU folks will be their with their OWN Cameras

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Because the protesters have rights but the police do not.

Watch for the bias in video detailing bad cops but none from the cop's point of view.

That's what I thought. If they are not videotaped, they cannot be held accountable for their actions and get away with their crap.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That's what I thought. If they are not videotaped, they cannot be held accountable for their actions and get away with their crap.

potential for a witch hunt after the fact - there are afraid the Gov. under Trump might start building dossiers on all these professional anarchists and finally putting them in JAIL
[my speculation]

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow, just no words. Seems a great place for citizens who support the police to be standing behind them with cameras going. I'm sure the local FOP could organize such. Just citizens recording officers, after all. Oh, and the numbnuts the officers are interacting with.

Hijinx

These people who protest have the right to protest, but I as a citizen have a right to enjoy the parade and the Inauguration without brainless idiots interfering.

Who has the greater right. The American who goes to enjoy the Inauguration or the lawless POS who intends to cause trouble and call it a protest.

If they stand behind the lines and scream and shout they have that right. When they get in the Parade path of interfere physically they need to be take to a compound held there and charged with a pertinent felony. A $50 fine is a joke, the laughing stops when they get 60 days.

Chris0nllyn

They don't want them recording the whole time. Only during police interactions, which is in line with police body cam usage across the country

glhs837

Power with Control
They don't want them recording the whole time. Only during police interactions, which is in line with police body cam usage across the country

My argument would be that at an active protest, the entire time is a police interaction. See, when an officer is walking around, odds of stuff turning into an officer interaction in a second pretty slim. An officer might be hailed by a citizen, at which time he would turn on his camera, or he might get a call from dispatch. During a protest, especially one where organizers have already promised civil disobedience at best, outright violence at worst, there almost certainly will not be time to turn on a camera when it drops in the pot.

Chris0nllyn

My argument would be that at an active protest, the entire time is a police interaction. See, when an officer is walking around, odds of stuff turning into an officer interaction in a second pretty slim. An officer might be hailed by a citizen, at which time he would turn on his camera, or he might get a call from dispatch. During a protest, especially one where organizers have already promised civil disobedience at best, outright violence at worst, there almost certainly will not be time to turn on a camera when it drops in the pot.

But you'd agree the inauguration itself is not an "active protest", right?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Because the protesters have rights but the police do not.

Watch for the bias in video detailing bad cops but none from the cop's point of view.

There will be that "wall of meat" there. I'm sure they'll be documenting stuff.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You know how protesters in other countries set themselves on fire to get their point across? Wouldn't it be great if all the dorks churning out to whine and bitch about Trump on Friday did that?

If they *really* meant it and *really* wanted to make a statement, that's what they would do. :whistle:

I'd get tickets to see that! Oh, wait.

:killingme

Last edited: