Shows on Streaming Services

SamSpade

Wife and I have nearly exhausted all of our streaming channels' shows that we KNOW we wanted to see. She discovered "Man in the High Castle" *after* I'd seen it all, and liked it.
We've watched all of Longmire, House of Cards and so on. She binged Downton Abbey. And I've watched all of Netflix's Marvel shows and Stranger Things.

JUST started "Travelers" which I am enjoying, but got sick of "The OA" after about six or seven episodes. The kids are through with "Just Add Magic" and haven't shown an interest - yet - in Lemony Snicket.

What do YOU like? We don't have Showtime or HBO, but have considered short term to watch Game of Thrones or Homeland.

MR47930

Game of Thrones and Homeland are fantastic shows...

Other shows that are up there for me and my wife are.
Billions, The Affair, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Narcos

glhs837

Power with Control
If you liked the Marvel stuff, try some of the DC stuff. I tried Arrow a while back, but didn't make it through the first episode, but watched the Flash, which intersects with the Arrow from time to time, and after finishing that, I'm going back for Arrow, am now on season 2. Cool to hear in the background news bits in Arrow that refer to events in the nearby city where the Flash is based. Since Arrow kicked off first, I hear things like "Protests erupted today in Central City at the site of the proposed particle accelerator" Which blows up creating the Flash, amongst other metahumans. Also tied into this connected bunch is Supergirl and DCs Legends of Tomorrow, which features some characters from both Arrow and the Flash. Certainly giving me plenty to watch on the treadmill.

If you liked Shaun of the Dead, give CrazyHeads a shot.

SamSpade

If you liked the Marvel stuff, try some of the DC stuff. I tried Arrow a while back, but didn't make it through the first episode, but watched the Flash, which intersects with the Arrow from time to time, and after finishing that, I'm going back for Arrow, am now on season 2. Cool to hear in the background news bits in Arrow that refer to events in the nearby city where the Flash is based. Since Arrow kicked off first, I hear things like "Protests erupted today in Central City at the site of the proposed particle accelerator" Which blows up creating the Flash, amongst other metahumans. Also tied into this connected bunch is Supergirl and DCs Legends of Tomorrow, which features some characters from both Arrow and the Flash. Certainly giving me plenty to watch on the treadmill.

If you liked Shaun of the Dead, give CrazyHeads a shot.

Oh I do watch all those CW shows - I guess to me, they're not streaming, since I watch 'em on regular TV.

I will look at CrazyHeads.

BTW - I've looked at any number of Amazon series - some of the ones I've seen with very low ratings from viewers - deserve them.
I am surprised however that "Legends" made another season - I watch it, but I freely admit, it's not great TV. Just entertaining.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh I do watch all those CW shows - I guess to me, they're not streaming, since I watch 'em on regular TV.

I will look at CrazyHeads.

BTW - I've looked at any number of Amazon series - some of the ones I've seen with very low ratings from viewers - deserve them.
I am surprised however that "Legends" made another season - I watch it, but I freely admit, it's not great TV. Just entertaining.

Programs I've watched in the last year or so on Netflix or Amazon:

Reign
The White Queen
Turn: Washingtons Spies
Call the Midwife
Fleming: The Man Who Would be Bond
Bomb Girls
The Borgia's
Mr. Selfridge
Medici: Masters of Florence
Versailles (I think it's on both Netflix and Amazon Prime)
Bob Ross
Poldark
Doc Martin
Survivors (not the reality show)
Death in Paradise
Several documentaries narrated by Lucy Worsley. (also on YT)
I've actually found quite a few good documentaries and movies on YT.
Outlander on Starz through amazon.

tuffenuff2

Peaky Blinders is great, so is The Night Manager and Janet Evans. We subscribe to Acorntv for $4.95 a month for British and Australian shows. Stranger things is really good.

Chris0nllyn

In addition to many already said, The Get Down is great and I'm watching Black Mirror at the moment. It's not your traditional "show" as every episode is different with different characters but it's great if you enjoy sort of deeper, thinking-type shows.

SamSpade

In addition to many already said, The Get Down is great and I'm watching Black Mirror at the moment. It's not your traditional "show" as every episode is different with different characters but it's great if you enjoy sort of deeper, thinking-type shows.

Black Mirror was eventually just too - weird. I almost quit after the FIRST episode. The second was - subtle.

I guess what I *realize* is - the series is making a commentary on what kind of society we may become and how we will see and do things if we keep integrating so much technology into our lives. But it isn't always - entertaining. It reminded me of some of the less entertaining Bradbury stories, where the end of the story told you about people but there really wasn't a lot of plot or story.

SamSpade

BTW - we just started Lemony Snicket tonight. Our middle girl GETS it, but the other two don't. But my wife and I like it anyway.

My boy tends to take the whole thing too seriously. I liked the occasional joke or line written just for NPH.
Hoping there's a Doctor Horrible reference.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wife and I have nearly exhausted all of our streaming channels' shows that we KNOW we wanted to see. She discovered "Man in the High Castle" *after* I'd seen it all, and liked it.
We've watched all of Longmire, House of Cards and so on. She binged Downton Abbey. And I've watched all of Netflix's Marvel shows and Stranger Things.

JUST started "Travelers" which I am enjoying, but got sick of "The OA" after about six or seven episodes. The kids are through with "Just Add Magic" and haven't shown an interest - yet - in Lemony Snicket.

What do YOU like? We don't have Showtime or HBO, but have considered short term to watch Game of Thrones or Homeland.

Get an Amazon Firestick then Google Kodi and SPINZTV..

Won't matter if you have Showtime, HBO or any other premium channel

SamSpade

Get an Amazon Firestick then Google Kodi and SPINZTV..

Won't matter if you have Showtime, HBO or any other premium channel

Ok - we have Firestick - I haven't looked up Kodi or SPINZTV but is it illegal? I mean one of those things where people say "well, yeah, but you won't get caught".

Clem72

Wife and I have nearly exhausted all of our streaming channels' shows that we KNOW we wanted to see.

For something different check out Viva Atari on Hulu (or you can rent it from the other services). And I made it through 6 or 7 episodes of Lemony Snicket and am still not sure if I like it. Neil Patrick Harris is great, but the rest of the show is only so-so.

pelers

Game of Thrones is probably worth an HBO Go subscription. Hubby and I have been watching West World on HBO as well. Eff'd up.

Sherlock (seasons 1-3 on Netflix) is good, but there's not tons to binge watch. Latest (and final?) season should still be available for streaming through PBS's website.

If you're down with the whole zombies thing, all except the latest season of Walking Dead is on Netflix.

Clem72

Game of Thrones is probably worth an HBO Go subscription. Hubby and I have been watching West World on HBO as well. Eff'd up.

Sherlock (seasons 1-3 on Netflix) is good, but there's not tons to binge watch. Latest (and final?) season should still be available for streaming through PBS's website.

If you're down with the whole zombies thing, all except the latest season of Walking Dead is on Netflix.

I liked the way West World ended. Definitely not one to watch with little kiddos around.
Alternately, I liked the first couple of seasons of Sherlock but the last one was crap. The story anyways, acting and cinematography and all that was still good.

Chris0nllyn

Black Mirror was eventually just too - weird. I almost quit after the FIRST episode. The second was - subtle.

I guess what I *realize* is - the series is making a commentary on what kind of society we may become and how we will see and do things if we keep integrating so much technology into our lives. But it isn't always - entertaining. It reminded me of some of the less entertaining Bradbury stories, where the end of the story told you about people but there really wasn't a lot of plot or story.

Yea there's episodes where it's like, uh....what?

But there are others that you essentially have to sit all the way through to get it. Sometimes they aren't even that good.

Have you seen Sense 8 yet? It's made by the creators of the Matrix and it's pretty good if you're into 8 random people across the world telepathically interconnected to each other. Along with some action scenes like fighting, driving, sex (including gay sex if you can bear to watch it) including a big free-for-all orgy scene.

I liked the way West World ended. Definitely not one to watch with little kiddos around.
Alternately, I liked the first couple of seasons of Sherlock but the last one was crap. The story anyways, acting and cinematography and all that was still good.

Westworld is great.

pelers

Yeah, that's why we're (well, I'm, hubby is just rewatching with me) only up to episode 3. I swear that's how kids have so much energy, they suck it from the adults around them. We've all been doing 8pm bedtimes lately.