Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Military stories no one would ever believe

Blog Entries
    I was on the base football team in the mid 80s. It was a NATO command and we had all the US service branches representing. 1 of the army guys had a female that he sponsored. The guy ended up in her place 1 night and clocked her in the head with a lamp. He chocked her with the electrical cord of the lamp. He rapes her then wiped the place for fingerprints. The dude's wife worked on my floor. She comes to work and tells us about the murder and how her husband was the sponsor. At the time she didn't know it was her husband that killed her. It creeped me out that I knew the guy and didn't think I knew anyone that was capable of doing that.
    You can't be a bully if you didn't throw the first punch

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

Blog Entries
    Same NATO command. A few months after I PCSed a female sailor disappears. The navy suspected foul play. A sailor was suspected of murdering her. The girl was profiled on a TV show that looks for missing people. They found her and her boyfriend living a few 100 miles away from the base.
    You can't be a bully if you didn't throw the first punch

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

New reality show; You people have some AMAZING stories that beat the crap out of the made up reality shows. Holy ####!

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by molly_21 View Post
    People getting kicked out for DUI's, smoking pot .....

Which I never understood people who smoke pot lets say to get kicked out.

There was a guy in my Company [1986], busted on a piss test
    .... begged to stay in, took an Article 15 - lost a stripe, restricted to barracks, pay loss, drug treatment program .... etc
    busted again 6 months later

dumb ass ... you are outta here
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    The ship's engines use fuel injectors. These are usually serviced by contractors in port. The chief of the enginemen encourage his charges to procure extra injectors when the contractors were on board. They would take them out of their tool boxes when they were distracted. The chief would keep them in his locker and change them out when the ship was underway when they clogged up.

So the chief leaves. The new chief tells the master at arms their is a theft problem. They open up a kids locker and find the stolen injectors. Kid claims he was just following the previous chief's orders. Kid goes to mast. He claims the chief engineer of the ship was aware of the arrangement. The chief engineer does a Sgt. Schultz imitation. Kid gets busted and restricted to the ship.

A couple of weeks later the can't be found on board. Seems he either jumped overboard and swam to shore(unlikely) or at night he shimmied down the ship's lines unnoticed then hit the pier and ran(likely).
    That was SOP for the 378' HEC gas turbines. Everyone in Engineering knew it was going on. (Any CO or XO worth anything knew too.) Hell, even the JO's had GT parts hidden in their racks.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    About 20 years ago here at Pax, we had a lieutenant shoot the guy who was having an affair with his wife, in the neck, with a crossbow. He then cut up the guy and carried him a piece at a time to the landfill. This one just had a lot of interesting points;
    Lieutenants don't normally kill enlisted, that normally stays officer on officer, enlisted on enlisted.
    Crossbows aren't your normally a murder weapon.
    Lieutenant left a very detailed list of how to do it.
    Chopping a guy up takes some nerve, as I understand it it was while he was while he was still in the parking lot.

This was in Wildwood.
    This same Lt worked for me when he was a 3rd Class. He had an infant son who died suddenly. SIDS was a relatively new medical issue then. NIS < now NCIS > interviewed me, and 1/2 the shop, asking about this guy, was he a good dad, etc. We never suspected a thing. 10 yrs or so later, the incident that Merlin described happened. Folks that knew this guy < myself included > immediately flashed back to the infant being found dead in his crib.

About 20 years ago here at Pax, we had a lieutenant shoot the guy who was having an affair with his wife, in the neck, with a crossbow. He then cut up the guy and carried him a piece at a time to the landfill. This one just had a lot of interesting points;
    Lieutenants don't normally kill enlisted, that normally stays officer on officer, enlisted on enlisted.
    Chopping a guy up takes some nerve, as I understand it it was while he was while he was still in the parking lot.

This was in Wildwood.
    I remember this. Gruesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

This was in Wildwood.
    The "lieutenant" was actually former enlisted. I know, he was my ex husbands supervisor in the shop. And he dumped the body parts in different dumpers in the area, including schools (Esperanza Middle).
    And a lot more came out in the trial, like how he had been abusing his kids physically as well as sexually. His name is Dana Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by SoMDGirl42 View Post
    The "lieutenant" was actually former enlisted. I know, he was my ex husbands supervisor in the shop. And he dumped the body parts in different dumpers in the area, including schools (Esperanza Middle). And a lot more came out in the trial, like how he had been abusing his kids physically as well as sexually. His name is Dana Collins.
    Is he still in prison?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Is he still in prison?
    If I remember right, he got life in prison without the possibility of parole. I think he also tried to burn his house down a month or two before the murder.

Members who have read this thread: 39