American Press Corps - we make the RULES, not Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We Will Set the Rules, Not You: US Media to President-Elect Trump

The Corps also says that it is the media which decides how much space to give to the President and his spokespeople as “It is, after all, our airtime and column inches that you are seeking to influence”. The letter also says that the words and tweets of the Trump administration will be under close scrutiny.

When you or your surrogates say or tweet something that is demonstrably wrong, we will say so, repeatedly. Facts are what we do, :killingme and we have no obligation to repeat false assertions; the fact that you or someone on your team said them is newsworthy, but so is the fact that they don’t stand up to scrutiny. Both aspects should receive equal weight.

[clip]

The letter added that press needs to work with the President and they need to cooperate and coexist. “When you shout down or ignore a reporter at a press conference who has said something you don’t like, you’re going to face a unified front,” the Corps writes. "We’ll work together on stories when it makes sense, and make sure the world hears when our colleagues write stories of importance. “

The Corps reminds Trump that journalists have been around since the republic’s beginning and are in it for the long haul.

Oh Boy, that is an arrogant, pissy little, foot stomping, tantrum

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup. Look at it from their standpoint. They chose to put the stick in their mouths and bend over the barrel for 8 years and now have a chance to speak truth to power that won't cost them their jobs and this guy is completely marginalizing them when they're not marginalizing themselves. They're being outsourced to a cheaper, more productive alternative and they don't like it.

Hijinx

This appears to be more of a threat than anything else.
Kiss our ass or else.

I don't think Mr. Trump will be so happy with it.
The press seems to have a much greater faith in how the American people feel about their sorry assed reporting than many Americans do.

Clem72

What if the pres abolished press conferences all together an made all releases through social media, speeches, or released statements. What could they do?

stew77

I really wonder what happened to the Media...ALL of them. You do not know who to believe, nor do you know if what you are reading is true. I remember growing up in Salt Lake City, and the Newspaper had a column written by a Mr. Dan Valentine (senior) that my dad read each and every day, and agreed with almost all Mr Valentine said. He got me to read it also a lot of the times. Granted it was slanted to the Mormon Church, sometimes but it was truthful. Nowdays I take two newspapers a day, The Washnigton Post and the Washington Times. I read the same reporting in each paper and see the 100% differencc in both articles? Why is that? I know the Post is always slanted to the Democraps, and the Times rebukes them periodically. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO TRUTH IN REPORTING? It has honestly gone away. Even all the digital media, (Facebook, Twitter etc.) is screwed up in their reporting.. I hate this. You do not know what to believe for whatever. Sucks! There needs to be some sort of way to have the whole truth and nothing but the truth put out, not "FakeNews", not ideas that are not true, and reporting that is in error. It is not helped anybody who garners a media outlet, written, digital or what have you and spews their "trash" and hope everybody believes them. The media is corrupt on all sides of the fence and I think there is no way to correct this...! So sad to see the next generation having to deal with this. The media telling the world that they will "set" the rules is just stupid..They can not direct what they want. I do not blame Mr Trump for shutting them all out!

glhs837

Power with Control
Whoa, Stew, relax. One thing, FB and twitter are NOT news sites. They don't repot news, they allow others to post news. And since there is, nor should there be, any filter, it's just like unfiltered anything. Not sure who it who it was that stated that 98% of everything was crap, but it's a good one to remember. Now as to "reputable" news organizations like the Post, the Time, anything named Tribune, etc. The key is to pick the fact peppers from the opinion flysh%$. I agree, the good old days of the objective reporter, who scoured his draft for words that slant, and the steely eyed, foul0mouth, cigar chomping editor who would throw trays full of Helvetica at any reporter who missed any were just that. But the old part is operative. It's up to you to make a game of mentally scrubbing off the opinion flysh%t and keeping the facts. I know damn sure I drilled my kids in this, starting with commercials for toys when they were kids, and continue to challenge them today as we discuss world and national events. Since the reporters and editors will not practice intellectual honesty, it's up to us to do that for them after the fact.

black dog

Free America
What if the pres abolished press conferences all together an made all releases through social media, speeches, or released statements. What could they do?

Yep, he could just toss there ass's outside too.
I can hear the crying,. That SOB threw us out !!!!! You know where they will be saying it from..... Outside..
There is a new HNIC coming this week, and the fun is getting ready to start.

Hijinx

I really wonder what happened to the Media...ALL of them. You do not know who to believe, nor do you know if what you are reading is true. I remember growing up in Salt Lake City, and the Newspaper had a column written by a Mr. Dan Valentine (senior) that my dad read each and every day, and agreed with almost all Mr Valentine said. He got me to read it also a lot of the times. Granted it was slanted to the Mormon Church, sometimes but it was truthful. Nowdays I take two newspapers a day, The Washnigton Post and the Washington Times. I read the same reporting in each paper and see the 100% differencc in both articles? Why is that? I know the Post is always slanted to the Democraps, and the Times rebukes them periodically. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO TRUTH IN REPORTING? It has honestly gone away. Even all the digital media, (Facebook, Twitter etc.) is screwed up in their reporting.. I hate this. You do not know what to believe for whatever. Sucks! There needs to be some sort of way to have the whole truth and nothing but the truth put out, not "FakeNews", not ideas that are not true, and reporting that is in error. It is not helped anybody who garners a media outlet, written, digital or what have you and spews their "trash" and hope everybody believes them. The media is corrupt on all sides of the fence and I think there is no way to correct this...! So sad to see the next generation having to deal with this. The media telling the world that they will "set" the rules is just stupid..They can not direct what they want. I do not blame Mr Trump for shutting them all out!

It's not new Stew. William Randolph Hearst once said. Give me the pictures and I will give you the war.

Pretty much what Obama wanted when he made accusations about Russia, and the election.
Luckily Russia wisely chose to ignore the clown.

tommyjo

That's a rather silly rant.

How much does Rush Limbaugh bring in by spouting stupidity everyday?

How much does an actual, well trained and experienced reporter who writes fact filled stories make?

Why is reporting so sh!tty...because that is what the public wants and pays for. If the public wanted intelligent fact filled reporting...sites like this POS wouldn't exist.

glhs837

Power with Control
That's a rather silly rant.

How much does Rush Limbaugh bring in by spouting stupidity everyday?

How much does an actual, well trained and experienced reporter who writes fact filled stories make?

Why is reporting so sh!tty...because that is what the public wants and pays for. If the public wanted intelligent fact filled reporting...sites like this POS wouldn't exist.

Yet here you are, dropping turds like a failing portajohn........

SamSpade

When has the press EVER been a reliable source of unbiased, factual information?

You know "You furnish the pictures, I'll furnish the war" - the press has a VERY long storied record of printing whatever crap they want.
Jefferson was famous for belittling the press.