On His First Day in Office, Trump Raises Taxes on Middle-Class Homebuyers

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" In one of the first official acts of his presidency, Donald Trump has increased taxes on a million middle-class homebuyers.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Friday reversed a scheduled 0.25 percent cut in mortgage insurance premiums issued by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). For a mortgage worth $200,000, this adds $500 to a homebuyer’s annual costs.

These insurance fees are effectively a tax on middle-class homeownership. By reversing the cut, which was scheduled to go into effect on January 27, one week from today, Trump will be taking more money from FHA homebuyers to keep in government coffers. "

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/20/on-his-first-day-in-office-trump-raises-taxes-on-middle-class-homebuyers/

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trump signed an order halting all new regulations, until his admin had a chance to review them. This bill was included in the halt. The FHAMIP reduction was supposed to go into effect 1-27-17. Please explain how something that was never in effect is raising rates. The rates are the same now as they were before. Trump did not raise rates on anybody. In my husband's opinion, this is a temporary delay; he is in the mortgage biz. You probably know nothing about it. You just post any and all crap that is negative to Trump; whether it is true or, not.

Freefaller

" In one of the first official acts of his presidency, Donald Trump has increased taxes on a million middle-class homebuyers.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development on Friday reversed a scheduled 0.25 percent cut in mortgage insurance premiums issued by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). For a mortgage worth $200,000, this adds $500 to a homebuyer’s annual costs.

These insurance fees are effectively a tax on middle-class homeownership. By reversing the cut, which was scheduled to go into effect on January 27, one week from today, Trump will be taking more money from FHA homebuyers to keep in government coffers. "

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/20/on-his-first-day-in-office-trump-raises-taxes-on-middle-class-homebuyers/

More fake news

itsbob

I bowl overhand

but this wouldn't be a tax, this is an insurance payment like Obamacare...

Wasnt that your argument before?

officeguy

No dum-dum, its not a 'tax'. Its an insurance payment to cover underwriting losses in the FHA guarantee program. There is a statutory requirement for a 2% reserve, currently the fund stands at 2.3%. By lowering the premium on their way out the door, the last administration tried to cause the fund to dip into the red requiring a government bailout.

Rommey

Not that I agree or disagree but this is pretty shoddy reporting.

These insurance fees are effectively a tax on middle-class homeownership. By reversing the cut, which was scheduled to go into effect on January 27, one week from today, Trump will be taking more money from FHA homebuyers to keep in government coffers.
The insurance fees are already in place, so the "tax" already exists and the rate change still wouldn't change this. The cut in the rate has not even gone into effect yet so no one's situation has changed one iota with regards to the people needing the insurance. Trump won't be taking more money from people, because nothing has changed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Not that I agree or disagree but this is pretty shoddy reporting.

The insurance fees are already in place, so the "tax" already exists and the rate change still wouldn't change this. The cut in the rate has not even gone into effect yet so no one's situation has changed one iota with regards to the people needing the insurance. Trump won't be taking more money from people, because nothing has changed.

Ah, but you fail to recognize the Democrats/liberals/progressives define things fluidly depending on which political persuasion is making the change. When "W" increased funding for research in 2001, the Democrats cried he had cut funding because Clinton had left expectations that funding would be higher than "W"'s budget.

SamSpade

Ah, but you fail to recognize the Democrats/liberals/progressives define things fluidly depending on which political persuasion is making the change. When "W" increased funding for research in 2001, the Democrats cried he had cut funding because Clinton had left expectations that funding would be higher than "W"'s budget.

Oh this has been around forever - a lower than expected INCREASE is a cut.

tommyjo

Trump signed an order halting all new regulations, until his admin had a chance to review them. This bill was included in the halt. The FHAMIP reduction was supposed to go into effect 1-27-17. Please explain how something that was never in effect is raising rates. The rates are the same now as they were before. Trump did not raise rates on anybody. In my husband's opinion, this is a temporary delay; he is in the mortgage biz. You probably know nothing about it. You just post any and all crap that is negative to Trump; whether it is true or, not.

So you are attacking someone else's knowledge again?

Just FYI...Mr. Trump did not sign a "bill". A bill is legislation put before Congress...if the bill is passed and the President signs it then it becomes law. (Schoolhouse Rock did a version of this in the 1970s that is about appropriate to your intelligence level).

You and yours use the same stupid point that a cut that doesn't happen is in effect a raise...now that an R has done the same thing you make the opposite point?

Hijinx

Just FYI...Mr. Trump did not sign a "bill". A bill is legislation put before Congress...if the bill is passed and the President signs it then it becomes law. (Schoolhouse Rock did a version of this in the 1970s that is about appropriate to your intelligence level).

You and yours use the same stupid point that a cut that doesn't happen is in effect a raise...now that an R has done the same thing you make the opposite point?

Oh: Man do you ever stop crying? You can make a point without calling people stupid all of the time. You must lead a truly miserable life.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I used 'order' in the first sentence, and 'bill' in the next; my mistake. But, you sure seem to take great satisfaction in pointing out others' mistakes, and insulting them. My image of you is waiting to pounce on a member here, as you sit there with shiat-eatin' grin on your face. Furthermore, I wasn't attacking others' knowledge, I was expressing my opinion, and my husband's. I agree with many others here that you are a very angry, and miserable person. I feel sorry you.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I used 'order' in the first sentence, and 'bill' in the next; my mistake. But, you sure seem to take great satisfaction in pointing out others' mistakes, and insulting them. My image of you is waiting to pounce on a member here, as you sit there with shiat-eatin' grin on your face. Furthermore, I wasn't attacking others' knowledge, I was expressing my opinion, and my husband's. I agree with many others here that you are a very angry, and miserable person. I feel sorry you.

View attachment 116815

Don't fret Wackadoody, when the Opiates kick in over the next few hours you can come back and repost some more words of wit.