Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: America's love of gas guzzlers

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The overwhelming number of people I know have no more than one vehicle per spouse. Several - like my in-laws - have just one.
    I have a few friends who have more but - last time I visited one of them - both of the "extra" vehicles were parked in the same spot, no tags and leaves have accumulated to suggest they haven't moved in years.

MOST people I know buy and use one car for their needs. This is probably what drives the high sale of pickup trucks in this country.
    Definitely SUV's, when I was buying my first car I sort of needed a truck but wanted a car that four people could ride in (4 door trucks were too expensive for me at that time) so I bought a small SUV that could haul more stuff than a car but had four doors and seating for 5.

Now I have a truck and a car. If I had more room I would actually consider something like a Nissan Leaf for my daily driver, and if I could actually fit inside it.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Having been in three car accidents, over the course of my lifetime, and the fact that I only have one vehicle and no desire to have a second i'll stick with my full-size truck.

The leaf can stay on the tree.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.