Fox News exiles George Will and other contributors

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fox News exiles George Will and other contributors

The upheaval of the 2016 election is being matched by the turmoil in cable news. Among the punditry, one the biggest losers is George Will, the syndicated political commentator who openly hoped for a 50 state sweep by Hillary Clinton, so obnoxious in his eyes was Donald Trump. His post-election appearances as a Special Report panelist have been awkward enough that Fox News made what seems like an inevitable decision. Via Joe Concha of The Hill:

Fox News has declined to renew contributor contracts for longtime political commentator George Will, Republican strategist Ed Rollins and actress Stacey Dash, according to a network spokesperson.

George Will, one of the most overrated political pundits :killingme (who lost his way long ago), has left the Republican Party.He's made many bad calls

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2016​

That also applies to the others whose contracts are now lapsing. A certain amount of churn is necessary in the faces available to viewers. Other faces not returning to the Fox air:

Veteran journalist Marvin Kalb, 86, and syndicated columnist and radio commentator Cal Thomas, 74, also did not have their contracts renewed by the network.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Perhaps George and Charles Krauthammer can establish their own never trump chapter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Please make Krauthamer next. :crossesfingers:

George Will went off the rails a long time ago. I'm curious what happened in his life that made him bring on the crazy. Regardless, it's time to get rid of these dinosaurs and bring on some fresh young talent. Curious why they dumped Stacey Dash, though - I liked her.

Hijinx

George Will went off the rails a long time ago. I'm curious what happened in his life that made him bring on the crazy. Regardless, it's time to get rid of these dinosaurs and bring on some fresh young talent. Curious why they dumped Stacey Dash, though - I liked her.

Juan Williams is the one In would have dumped, but his melanin will keep him there.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
See, I like Juan Williams. I think he's a terrific liberal counterpoint, and it's not because he's black.

Geraldo is much worse.

Several years ago I actually had a degree of respect for Bob Beckel, even listen to his radio show, but then he went off the rail during the Bush administration and never came back.

Actually DVR Fox news show the five.

... and it's not just because of Kimberly Guilfoyle.

… Maybe mostly but not only Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
George Will went off the rails a long time ago. I'm curious what happened in his life that made him bring on the crazy.

The same thrill that went up Chris Matthews leg went up George Will's too - but it touched Will in his bad place, and now he has PTSD.

That's the theory I'm working with.

Bobwhite

I'm curious about your dislike of Charles Krauthamer. There are a number of things I disagree with him on, but mostly I thought he was well informed and provided intelligent remarks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm curious about your dislike of Charles Krauthamer. There are a number of things I disagree with him on, but mostly I thought he was well informed and provided intelligent remarks.

I think he's a tool. He is so off the charts deranged with Trump hate that he could use some in-patient therapy. He's on O'Reilly almost every night and it's the same inane screed, parroting leftwing talking points.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There are a number of things I disagree with him on, but mostly I thought he was well informed and provided intelligent remarks.

He is a GOP Establishment Tool ... great you don't like Trump ok, but he has been parroting all the misquoted Progressive Talking points since Trump was nominated

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is a GOP Establishment Tool ... great you don't like Trump ok, but he has been parroting all the misquoted Progressive Talking points since Trump was nominated

I expected more reasoned and intelligent discourse from him but all he did was blather progbot bull####. It was disappointing.

I'm fascinated by the visceral hatred these people have for Trump, to the point they'll abandon all dignity and rant like loons, including about crap that had already been firmly and legitimately debunked. What did Trump do to Krauthammer and Will? Will isn't so interesting because, as I said, he's been going off the rails for several years now, but Krauthammer? O'Reilly even tried to get a reason out of Chuckie boy, who merely got pissed and lost his ####. It's a mystery.

SamSpade

I expected more reasoned and intelligent discourse from him but all he did was blather progbot bull####. It was disappointing.

I'm fascinated by the visceral hatred these people have for Trump, to the point they'll abandon all dignity and rant like loons, including about crap that had already been firmly and legitimately debunked. What did Trump do to Krauthammer and Will? Will isn't so interesting because, as I said, he's been going off the rails for several years now, but Krauthammer? O'Reilly even tried to get a reason out of Chuckie boy, who merely got pissed and lost his ####. It's a mystery.

Yeah, Krauthammer and Will used to be a couple of my favorites and you can usually expect them to give it to the Republicans when they needed it.
They've been around decades and I'm betting they'll still come around.