Gift From Obama

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama Gift.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
Accused Inauguration Day Rioters Make Court Appearance

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia said they are continuing to evaluate the cases against approximately 230 people who were arrested on Inauguration Day in Washington.

A spokesman for the office said the accused were making their first appearances in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. News4's Scott MacFarlane reported 230 people have been charged with felony rioting.

Bill Miller, the public information officer for the U.S. Attorney's Office, said most of those arrested will face a possible sentence of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000.

The first group to face the judge were released and ordered back to court on Feb. 26. MacFarlane said the judge told them not to get arrested again in D.C.

As the suspects were released, a crowd outside D.C. Superior Court cheered, News4's Meagan Fitzgerald reported. And there was a familiar site for the suspects -- police lined up in riot gear.

Hijinx

If this story is correct they got nothing. Exactly what I feared. They should at least have had to make bail.
Now they are heroes to the nutbags instead of federal prisoners as they should be.

A slap on the wrist as I expected and they knew they would get.
Funny a felony that has a sentence of 10 years or $250,000 dollar fine and they walk out free as birds.
This is the Justice system Obama left and Trump needs to fix asap

Clem72

If this story is correct they got nothing. Exactly what I feared. They should at least have had to make bail.
Now they are heroes to the nutbags instead of federal prisoners as they should be.

A slap on the wrist as I expected and they knew they would get.
Funny a felony that has a sentence of 10 years or $250,000 dollar fine and they walk out free as birds.
This is the Justice system Obama left and Trump needs to fix asap

It say's they were ordered back to court in Feb, and that this was only the "first" group. Perhaps they were the lease likely to be flight risks. And we don't know what actual punishment they will receive until they are tried.

Hijinx

It say's they were ordered back to court in Feb, and that this was only the "first" group. Perhaps they were the lease likely to be flight risks. And we don't know what actual punishment they will receive until they are tried.

They will show up with ACLU attorneys , dressed in suits and ties, and crying about how they need to finish college and that they aren't really bad, they just got carried away. A few sobs from the parents , a $50 dollar fine and they laugh at the courts and the Justice system on their way out the door.

That's my bet.