Noise/thump not long ago?

glhs837

Power with Control
About 10-12 minutes ago. One buddy down by VX-23 heard/felt it, so did another that lives off of 235 about a mile south of Gate 3. Felt/heard it here in 2185. Any ideas?

I'm in 2808 (across from 2185) and it actually sounded like something fell on our building. The whole thing shook...but we can't see/hear/smell anything outside. DH says it was a weaker sound in 2185, so I'm going with something more towards 235 than in the other direction.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
About 10-12 minutes ago. One buddy down by VX-23 heard/felt it, so did another that lives off of 235 about a mile south of Gate 3. Felt/heard it here in 2185. Any ideas?

Maybe they dropped something at the new hanger their putting up, drop a ton I-beam and it's going to make a clang you can hear for a ways.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Definitely heard and felt it off of Hermanville Road. I read a couple of people on FB say there was dynamite blown up near Gate 3 but I have no idea if they were serious. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Definitely heard and felt it off of Hermanville Road. I read a couple of people on FB say there was dynamite blown up near Gate 3 but I have no idea if they were serious. :shrug:

That would be the closest to a center point between all these places. And I did see some vehicle activity out in that field over the past couple of working days. Maybe thunder is the answer, but it sure didn't sound or feel like thunder.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That would be the closest to a center point between all these places. And I did see some vehicle activity out in that field over the past couple of working days. Maybe thunder is the answer, but it sure didn't sound or feel like thunder.

No, it definitely wasn't thunder, although there was some about an hour later with this crazy weather.

Dukesdad

Navy ordinance demolitions. Scared the crap out of us. I tracked down a couple military police and they told me.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Thought it was the excavation for the parking garage for the underground go-cart track.

I know you are only pulling our leg - parking lots and garages are no longer allowed to be constructed in Maryland
Particularly not on base. Parking lots are nothing more than a place holder for the next building.