Apparently Trump has been very busy today

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Me too, so I haven't really read exactly what is happening yet, but I just got a news blip that said he signed a bunch of things and Congress presented him with a working alternative to Obamacare that is state centric.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump Wins The Unions: Teamsters Praise TPP Withdrawal, Labor Chiefs Describe "Incredible" Meeting With Trump

Shortly after Donald Trump made good on one of his core campaign promises on Monday morning by signing an executive order formally withdrawing the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership free-trade deal, Trump told labor union leaders that he would renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement "at the appropriate time."

The remarks came at the start of a meeting at the White House with leaders of construction, carpenters, plumbers and sheet metal unions, during which Trump pledged to stop trade deals that harmed American workers.

According to the White House, participants included North America's Building Trades Unions President Sean McGarvey, Laborers' International Union of North America President Terry O'Sullivan, SMART sheet metal workers' union President Joseph Sellers, United Brotherhood of Carpenters President Doug McCarron and Mark McManus, president of the United Association that represents plumbers, pipefitters, welders and others. The union meeting also included several local union officials and follows a gathering of 12 chief executives of large companies at the White House to discuss revitalizing the U.S. manufacturing economy.

SamSpade

Me too, so I haven't really read exactly what is happening yet, but I just got a news blip that said he signed a bunch of things and Congress presented him with a working alternative to Obamacare that is state centric.

Here's the weird thing about a lot of this - even though the left had berated the Republicans for not coming up with anything, for any alternatives to everything - thanks to Harry Reid and Obama - it hasn't been for lack of trying.

So a lot of stuff he's been seeing, they've been putting together for *years*.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's the weird thing about a lot of this - even though the left had berated the Republicans for not coming up with anything, for any alternatives to everything - thanks to Harry Reid and Obama - it hasn't been for lack of trying.

So a lot of stuff he's been seeing, they've been putting together for *years*.

Sure. The leftwing crazy press has been peddling the idea that all Republicans do is sit in their torture chambers thinking up ways to kill blacks, women, and gays, but sane people know that's not true.