Costco vs BJ's

RGG_jr

LOL. She only posed the question 30 minutes ago!

That said, I go to each regularly, but Costco doesn't do the 'Limit 1 (or whatever) Item' thing that BJ's does on some products.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whichever is closest, but in general I prefer Costco to BJs. They seem to have more stuff I use as a regular person rather than an office or restaurant.

autw

I prefer Costco over BJ's, because it never seemed like I was getting a great deal on anything there. That being said, I like Sam's more than Costco. Sam's has better prices on bulk meat.

Forkian

for prices, selection and quality, in this order

1. Costco (Kirkland labeled products are great)
2. Sam's Club (Members Mark products usually good)
3. BJ's (just ok)

Clem72

for prices, selection and quality, in this order

1. Costco (Kirkland labeled products are great)
2. Sam's Club (Members Mark products usually good)
3. BJ's (just ok)

I second this list. I never really feel that I am getting a better deal at BJ's than I could at a regular walmart. Just getting bigger quantities.

And sometimes Kirkland products are a ridiculously good value (like that 16-year old signature single malt highland scotch whiskey they had not long ago for under $50)

lovinmaryland

There is no comparison Costco is leaps and bounds above Bj's or Sams Club. I've had Bj's & Sams cards when I moved here and there was no Costco. They both suck compared to Costco. I was overjoyed when they finally opened the Costco in Brandywine!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Mostly Sam's Club here, but a new Costco is opening next week about five miles away vs 13 for SC, so we'll give Costco a shot as well.

willie

I would probably prefer Costco over BJ's except for the crowds at Costco. Brandywine might be different but the Frederick and Gaithersburg Costco's foreign speaking huge crowds are a deal killer for me.

SamSpade

*Better*?

Costco.

Which one is an hour's drive versus ten minutes?

Costco.

So I go to BJ's. No point in "saving money" at Costco when I have spend a few gallons of gas to save it.