Urban Carry G2

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Been planning to get one of those, although looking for more feedback from anyone that's already using one.

black dog

Free America
I have seen a few guys using them at a few clubs I shoot at, I'm not impressed with them myself. I have carried a pistol for well over thirty plus years and I would never consider using a holster that I had to use both hands to pull out my pistol.
It looks difficult to get to, in a struggle.
Even if I used one hand with a G3 it is not a fluid movement to place my carry pistol in my hand.
I use a simple IWB horsehide Galco. It looks like a oval product trying to reinvent the round wheel.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have seen a few guys using them at a few clubs I shoot at, I'm not impressed with them myself. I have carried a pistol for well over thirty plus years and I would never consider using a holster that I had to use both hands to pull out my pistol.
It looks difficult to get to, in a struggle.
Even if I used one hand with a G3 it is not a fluid movement to place my carry pistol in my hand.
I use a simple IWB horsehide Galco. It looks like a oval product trying to reinvent the round wheel.
the "two hands" aspect definitely concerns me. I was more wondering how the wear comfort compared to conventional iwb holsters.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It really brings new meaning to the old "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
the "two hands" aspect definitely concerns me. I was more wondering how the wear comfort compared to conventional iwb holsters.

Can anyone honestly say "So comfortable, I forget it's there" for ANY holster/model combo? I want a chest rig. THAT might be OK. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Can anyone honestly say "So comfortable, I forget it's there" for ANY holster/model combo? I want a chest rig. THAT might be OK. :lol:

Ha...funny you mention that. I have two different shoulder holster rigs that I like a lot. And not (yet) a single IWB holster.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was thinking of going with the rig like this…

IMG_0705.jpg

black dog

Free America

I can honestly say with any of my iwb horsehide Galco's you easily tend to forget it's on your side until I bump my pistol against the door frame getting into my car or truck ( I'm left handed ) in most cases I carry a Sig 226, so a full sized handgun.
If I'm going out for a dressed up evening I tend to carry a sub-compact Glock.
Most folks that I know that carry everyday for personal or work eventually don't know its there, it's different when it's not there.
It's also very important that you use a quality holster along with a belt designed to carry a firearm on it. A crappy nylon Uncle Mike's holster and a regular belt is ok for around the property but not for everyday use.
With quality you get long life along with comfort and safety.
This Galco is everybody of 20 years old, and has always been my normal go to carry pistol.

View attachment 116902

View attachment 116903

black dog

Free America

That I don't know, most of my leather is horsehide, it's always comfortable and wears like iron. I'm not big on any style of deep concealment in the front next to the twig and berries. But I would guess it would mold to where you carry it.
Plus with my jelly roll alittle over my belt, it just looks like a struggle to retrieve in the heat of the moment, and if at all with one hand.
I have tried a few different kydex holsters in the past few years, and for any of the action pistol shoots my son and I both use kydex but for CC it's just not as comfortable to me. It just doesn't break in like a leather holster.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That I don't know, most of my leather is horsehide, it's always comfortable and wears like iron. I'm not big on any style of deep concealment in the front next to the twig and berries. But I would guess it would mold to where you carry it.
Plus with my jelly roll alittle over my belt, it just looks like a struggle to retrieve in the heat of the moment, and if at all with one hand.
I have tried a few different kydex holsters in the past few years, and for any of the action pistol shoots my son and I both use kydex but for CC it's just not as comfortable to me. It just doesn't break in like a leather holster.

I'm no expert but Kydex is strictly open carry in my limited view.