March for Life Rally

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MSM Coverage

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, chairman of the Media Fairness Caucus, said in a release Wednesday, “Every year, Americans can count on two things to happen: 1) one of the largest public demonstrations that occurs in our country, the annual March for Life, will take place in D.C. and 2) the liberal national media will dismiss it.”

The Media Research Center noted, “This month, two similar events are happening in Washington, D.C. Both pertain to women. One attracted an estimated 500,000 Americans this year, the other boasts tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands marchers every year. But one main difference — a difference the media care about — is agenda: one is pro-abortion, the other is pro-life.”

Meanwhile, the Women’s March — co-sponsored by Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America — received at least one hour and 15 minutes of network air time.

Despite its branding, the organizers explicitly prohibited pro-life women’s groups from participating in the event.

The networks not only covered the event itself, but in effect offered free television promotion leading into it, with all three doing stories Jan. 19. The march itself was then covered Saturday and continued to be part of news stories into early this week.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/st...tm_content=2017-01-26&utm_campaign=manualpost

mAlice

professional daydreamer
[video=youtube;pQ0LgFYU1cc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ0LgFYU1cc[/video]

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Donald Trump: Media Doesn’t Cover Large Crowds During

March for Life

“They say the press doesn’t cover them,” Trump said.

“I don’t want to compare crowd sizes again,” Muir began.

“No, you shouldn’t,” Trump interrupted, “But what they do say is that the press doesn’t cover them.”

The Trump administration has signaled that they will participate in the March for Life.

“We’re going to have heavy administration presence there,” confirmed White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday. “It’s no secret that this administration and this president will do what they can to fight for life.”

I love they Muir tries to turn this into crowd size, when it is in fact about the media only covering what they choose to cover, to shove an agenda down the throats of American citizens.
Maybe, just maybe, since there will be a large presence from this administration, it will get more coverage. I won't hold my breath, though.
So, I wonder who will be covering it, if not the MSM.

SamSpade

I fully expect - just as they *ALWAYS HAVE IN THE PAST* - for the media to either ignore it, or somehow treat it with contempt, either by minimizing it, or ridiculing it.

I woke up last night to the news. Since I like to watch Red Eye - it's hysterical - I tend to click on FOX before I fall asleep.
I woke up to a news item utterly disparaging the entire Keystone Pipeline issue, going everywhere from mentioning the short term jobs created and so on.
It was completely a hit piece disguised as news.

I thought to myself - FOX usually supports Keystone - and then I saw the "eye" symbol in the corner. CBS. Of course. THEIR news will just tell me how BAD Keystone is.

It was just a weird experience, because I expected a news source to be anything but hostile to the issue.