Trump’s effort to profit off presidency gets underway in earnest

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" On Wednesday, CNBC broke news that the Trump Organization is doubling the initiation fee for its Mar-a-Lago resort — the place President Trump recently described as “the Winter White House” — to $200,000 (taxes and $14,000 annual dues not included).

Buying a membership to Mar-a-Lago buys access to Trump. Over New Year’s, the then-president-elect partied with paying guests at the Palm Beach, Florida resort and gave a shout-out to one of his billionaire business partners. Trump is reportedly planning to vacation there again as soon as the weekend of February 3.

Also on Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that the head of Trump’s hotel-management company is planning for “an ambitious expansion across the U.S.”
“There are 26 major metropolitan areas in the U.S., and we’re in five,” Trump Hotels Chief Executive Officer Eric Danziger said on Tuesday. “I don’t see any reason that we couldn’t be in all of them eventually.”

That expansion is in the works despite the fact that Trump’s new Washington, D.C. hotel lost $1.1 million in September and October. But with Trump now inaugurated as president, his hotel-management company apparently sees an opportunity to cash in.

Both the Mar-a-Lago fee increase and the expansion of Trump-branded hotels represent ways Trump will profit off the presidency. Unlike other modern presidents, Trump refused to sell his company or put his assets into a blind trust. Instead, he transferred management to his two adult sons, both of whom were intimately involved in their father’s presidential transition. And during a press conference earlier this month, Trump reneged on a vow he made about the Trump Organization not pursuing any “new deals” while he’s president. "

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mar-a-lago-dues-trump-hotels-profit-off-presidency-92f33bf9f7fb#.1jzgpoxr3

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
What a great way to keep meddling press and progressives out when vacationing!

tommyjo

What a great way to keep meddling press and progressives out when vacationing!

You STIIL don't understand WHAT you voted for do you??

You STILL don't understand that he has been lying to you since he opened his mouth after coming down the escalator??? "Alternative facts", "fake news"...whatever you want to call it. His facts are wrong on trade, wrong on the economy, wrong on unemployment, wrong on the dollar, wrong on immigration, wrong on the mathematical magnitude of his win, wrong on damn near everything he opens his mouth about...not debatable....not a matter of political philosophy...just wrong.

He'll never release his tax returns. He'll never give up control of his company.

Donald J. Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about America or making America first...he only cares about Donald J. Trump and increasing his brand name. He doesn't give a sh!t about you. He only gives a sh!t about the attendance at the inaugural, his flailing poll numbers. Look at him...he doesn't carry himself like a President or a leader...he doesn't WANT to be President...he only wanted to WIN the election.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Both the Mar-a-Lago fee increase and the expansion of Trump-branded hotels represent ways Trump will profit off the presidency.

:bs:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

You STILL don't understand that he has been lying to you since he opened his mouth after coming down the escalator??? "Alternative facts", "fake news"...whatever you want to call it. His facts are wrong on trade, wrong on the economy, wrong on unemployment, wrong on the dollar, wrong on immigration, wrong on the mathematical magnitude of his win, wrong on damn near everything he opens his mouth about...not debatable....not a matter of political philosophy...just wrong.

He'll never release his tax returns. He'll never give up control of his company.

Donald J. Trump doesn't give a rat's ass about America or making America first...he only cares about Donald J. Trump and increasing his brand name. He doesn't give a sh!t about you. He only gives a sh!t about the attendance at the inaugural, his flailing poll numbers. Look at him...he doesn't carry himself like a President or a leader...he doesn't WANT to be President...he only wanted to WIN the election.

Ah, but you fail miserable once again. I know precisely what I voted for and what I expected of my candidate should he/she win the election. You, on the other hand, appear to have an intellectual quotient that approaches you shoe size.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Why, whenever I read any of your blathering, do I hear Charlie Brown's teachers voice?

Hijinx

I will withhold judgement on this until a later time ,I suppose it does make a difference if Mar-a Lago gets the money or the Hillary Foundation got it.
Obama certainly didn't get any poorer while he as in the WH either.

But this is not a thing I look on with pleasure. It doesn't make a good appearance.
It also isn't likely it is coincidence.
It bears watching.

But it is also no accident that the attacks have started so soon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Is that why the stock market crashed?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
His facts are wrong on trade, wrong on the economy, wrong on unemployment, wrong on the dollar, wrong on immigration, wrong on the mathematical magnitude of his win, wrong on damn near everything he opens his mouth about...not debatable....not a matter of political philosophy...just wrong.

OK you Mewling Quim, we will see in a year

How Much Of Obama's Legacy Has He Disassembled in 4 days

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anybody who reads, let alone quotes, "Think" "Progress" is retarded. Since I am not retarded, I think I'll pass on reading their crap.

Is this reported anywhere in the real news?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Indeed, shortly after the fee hike was revealed, Barack Obama's former top ethics lawyer told MSNBC that the increase is a "not very subtle exploitation of the fact that the club's figurehead is now president of the U.S."

"This type of naked profiteering off of a government office is what I would expect from King Louis XVI or his modern kleptocratic equivalents, not an American president," Norm Eisen said.
WATCH: These are America's five richest presidents

Donald Trump speaks at the USA Thank You Tour event at the Wisconsin State Fair Exposition Center in West Allis, Wisconsin, U.S., December 13, 2016.

A membership at Mar-a-Lago now includes a chance to mingle with the 45th president. Trump plans to use the resort as his occasional "Winter White House." He has visited twice since his election — first for Thanksgiving and then over the Christmas and New Year holidays.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/mar-a-lago-membership-fee-doubles-to-200000.html

all opinion and speculation ...... no way the Secret Service is going to let the average Mar-a-Largo resident anywhere near Trump

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, I read it. What am I supposed to be outraged about? I did laugh at this part:

Barack Obama's former top ethics lawyer

:roflmao:

Anyway, this is more of a rollback than anything.

The initiation fee for Mar-a-Lago had been $100,000 since 2012, when it was cut from $200,000. People close to the resort said the fee was reduced following a decline in memberships after the Bernie Madoff scandal, which claimed many wealthy Palm Beach victims.

Initiation was $200k, they cut it in half in 2012, now they're putting it back to where it was. Big deal. Membership declined, now it's expected to jump because Trump is POTUS, and I'm guessing also because the economy is showing signs of not only rebounding, but booming. Supply/demand. So what?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Okay, I read it. What am I supposed to be outraged about? I did laugh at this part:

Nothing. I was just giving another source to the subject. And I am at a point where there is no such thing as 'real news' anymore. Every outlet seems to have a political agenda and can't be trust........... in my opinion.