Trump plan calls for nationwide concealed carry and an end to gun bans

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I've had mine for a long time. I encourage all who want one to get er' done.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Trump said when a tragedy happens gun control advocates will "immediately exploit it to push their political agenda," and that the solutions they propose would have prevented the shooting.

wonder if any of these shootings over the last 8 years have been done just for a presidential reaction.

littlelady

God bless the USA
wonder if any of these shootings over the last 8 years have been done just for a presidential reaction.

Not sure about that. But, I do know everything is political, anymore. So much so that the fundamental founding of America is/was getting lost in the shuffle....I mean scuffle. Go, Trump! And go, America!

black dog

Free America
In Indiana we don't have a CCW permit / license.
We have a permit to carry a firearm. Open carry or Concealed carry.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Your CCW?

I have been carrying pepper spray, a whistle, and a mean nail file with a pointed end. :lol: Our arsenal is at home. God bless America! And, yes, Americans have the right to protect themselves. Good thread, DKP! :huggy:

I, also, carry :gossip:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
One more thought. Donald J. Trump has sure come into the WH with guns a blazin'! Quite amazin'. Guts.Conviction.Courage. Hold the line, Donald.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Trump said in the paper he has a concealed carry permit. The permits, which are issued by states, should be valid nationwide like a driver's license, Trump said.

"If we can do that for driving -- which is a privilege, not a right -- then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege," Trump said.

It is unconscionable that this sounds like a great new idea. The suppression of the right to self defense, a basic human right, to defend ones self, is a fascinating thing in our land of the free and home of the brave.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This Will be the thing that gets Democrats hysterical, more than any other policy.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It is unconscionable that this sounds like a great new idea. The suppression of the right to self defense, a basic human right, to defend ones self, is a fascinating thing in our land of the free and home of the brave.

This is not a great, new idea. It has been around for at least 240 years. I am thinking you are being sarcastic, or funny. I can never figure you out! :lol: You are a hoot, and a half!

littlelady

God bless the USA
This Will be the thing that gets Democrats hysterical, more than any other policy.

Yep. Love it. Their heads have already exploded on other issues about Trump. This will make Dems the walking dead. And, I say good, and bye bye. I can't believe I saw Debbie... needs to wash her hair... Schultz being interviewed on the news today.
Why is she still being allowed to speak on behalf of the Dems? They ousted her after it came out that she went after Bernie. The Dems are so upset, they make no sense anymore. That sums it up.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...oning_the_legitimacy_of_his_own_election.html

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

"If we can do that for driving -- which is a privilege, not a right -- then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege," Trump said.

I LOVE this statement. The only thing that would've made it better is replace 'surely we can' with 'we will.' (Ideally, within the President's first 100 days).
It would be nice; but it won't happen that fast.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Absolutely. While I have that right now, I can't carry it over all state lines. I should be able to carry my gun with me, no matter where I go in the United States. I will caveat that with, I do not think I should be able to carry on a commercial aircraft. I think the only people who should be able to carry on a plane are the people flying the plane, bringing you your peanuts, and the Marshall. I think that would probably be enough guns on a plane.

black dog

Free America
Why does it have to be concealed carry?
Why can't it be up to the individual on how a firearm is carried?
Just carry,

A armed society is a polite society.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Just carry,

I actually asked this of one of my neighbors. He's a cop. He said the reason concealed over open carry is because it does actually scare some people, and make them uncomfortable. Scaring people does not help the cause. Also, it invites confrontation. It's not that anyone is trying to take away my right to open carry, so much as it's to try and make everybody more comfortable. I'm fine with that. I have my constitutional right to carry, and those who are not comfortable with guns, don't have to be uncomfortable if I'm not flashing it around.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Just carry,

It doesn't or have to be concealed carry; but just try open carry here in MD. You would see a bunch of wide-eyed 'HOLY SH*T he/she's got a gun; and he/she's not a cop!' expressions.
That said, a CCW should be easier to obtain. Shouldn't it? As it is now, nobody knows who's carrying and who's not anyway.

To your point, 'Why can't it be up to the individual on how a firearm is carried?' I'm all for it. Just grant everyone 21 and older who passes a background check a "Permit To Carry A Handgun In The United States." Worded that specifically, it would eliminate; or at least make it illegal to be walking around "strapped" with AR's 12 gauges, etc.; and it would erase that open/concealed distinction.