House Takes First Step

mAlice

professional daydreamer
in Prohibiting Taxpayer Funding of Abortion
On Tuesday, the House passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2017, a measure that would permanently prohibit taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions and make the Hyde Amendment permanent across all federal expenditures.

[W]e are experiencing a megatrend in America—consistently reflected in polling data—that the American public not only does not support taxpayer funding for abortion but the public increasingly supports actions to protect unborn children and women from the violence of abortion. People are seeing the truth of who abortion destroys as today’s proudly-shared first baby pictures are most often ultrasound imaging photos depicting the amazing miracle of the developing child in the womb.

“House passage of this legislation is the first step towards fulfilling a promise made by President Trump to keep taxpayers out of the abortion business,” she further explained. “He and his administration are working for the American people, not the abortion lobby. We urge the U.S. Senate to follow suit so that this bill can get to President Trump’s desk as soon as possible.”

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Agree. Irregardless of my opinions on abortion, I do not think the government has any business using tax dollars to subsidize it through private businesses. There are quite a few things on the long list that I think the government should stop funding using confiscated money.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And now that we know Planned Parenthood pretty much provides abortions only (oh, ultra sounds to determine how far along the baby is, in order to know what abortion procedure to perform), there shouldn't be any blow-back from pro-abortion crowd. :sarcasm:

Hijinx

And now that we know Planned Parenthood pretty much provides abortions only (oh, ultra sounds to determine how far along the baby is, in order to know what abortion procedure to perform), there shouldn't be any blow-back from pro-abortion crowd. :sarcasm:

Should be a happy group at the March for Life.