Lots of Jobs Opening up in DC!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It would save some money to not replace them or just replace a few of them. Also hiring freeze and I would bet that the federal gov't will shrink in the next few years. That will suck for those employees but will be a net plus for America.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It would save some money to not replace them or just replace a few of them. Also hiring freeze and I would bet that the federal gov't will shrink in the next few years. That will suck for those employees but will be a net plus for America.

They can promote, move people around that are already Federal employees.

Chris0nllyn

No offense, but when has the government ever gotten smaller? Especially when you consider the DOD is off limits to the hiring freeze.

Hijinx

No offense, but when has the government ever gotten smaller? Especially when you consider the DOD is off limits to the hiring freeze.

The article says they have worked for Republicans and Democrats. I can believe that they worked for the left and stabbed the right in the back.
Glad to see them gone. Happy that they left before Trump had to fire them.
AMF to these people , their leaving is more proof that they were not working for the good of America, but for the benefit of the Muslim President.

glhs837

Power with Control
Christ....really? Total federal employment has been falling since 1968!!!

https://www.opm.gov/POLICY-DATA-OVE...ABLES/TOTAL-GOVERNMENT-EMPLOYMENT-SINCE-1962/

Hmmm, nice try, but why not look at the numbers and where they dropped. Discount the drop in military, which I think if you asked people what they mean by govt employees they would not include that and the number are not so clear cut. In thousands

1962 Military 2,840 / 2014 Military 1,459 so 1,381 thousands fewer military people.

1962 Executive Branch civilians 2,485 / 2014 2,633 1.2 thousands more.

1962 Legislative Branch 30 / 2014 63, so 33 more thousands

1962 5,354 total / 2014 4,185 means 1,169 thousands less than 1962.

But here's the key. That entire drop was military, every damn bit. but a lot of that drop was eaten up by growth in civilian jobs.

PeoplesElbow

Just got an email today, all hiring, transfers, promotions are on freeze.

It took 4 months a few years ago for me to transfer to another job a few hundred feet away because of a similar hiring freeze. The bad thing was that the work disappeared so did the funding so I sat on my ass for four months and made stuff to do.