Doomsday Clock ticks closer to apocalypse and 1 person is to blame

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yep, Trump Derangement Syndrome is in full swing now. :doh:

“This year’s Clock deliberations felt more urgent than usual…as trusted sources of information came under attack, fake news was on the rise, and words were used by a President-elect of the United States in cavalier and often reckless ways to address the twin threats of nuclear weapons and climate change,” Rachel Bronson, the executive director and publisher of Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, said in a statement.

While many threats played into the decision to move the clock 30 seconds forward from where it was in 2016, one person in particular prompted the scientists to act.

"Never before has the Bulletin decided to advance the clock largely because of the statements of a single person. But when that person is the new president of the United States, his words matter," David Titley and Lawrence M. Krauss of the Bulletin wrote in an New York Times op-ed.

The Bulletin pointed to President Donald Trump's careless rhetoric on nuclear weapons and other issues as well as his troubling stance on climate change.

“Current political situation in the U.S. is of particular concern,” Titley of the Bulletin Science and Security Board said. “The Trump administration needs to state clearly, unequivocally it accepts climate change caused by human activity…There are no alternative facts here.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...weapons-climate-change-donald-trump/97077736/

glhs837

Power with Control
That dead mouse on my front step two days back....... I was sure it was my cats.......I'm beginning to wonder....... I was sur the orange hair came from a cat, since both of mine have orange hair.....buuuuuut, just maybe

glhs837

Power with Control
Every day, you think the hysteria can't get any worse, and yet it does..... was looking at a "cutebabyanimaltweetoof" between various zoos, get to the comments section, sure enough, three comments in, someone did an al caps comment to the effect that you people who sit here staring at cute baby animals SHOULD BE OUT THERE DOING SOMETHING!!!!!!!!, when we all die IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT BECAUSE YOU SPENT TIME LOOKING AT BABY ANIMALS INSTEAD OF FIGHTING TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was glad to see that person was soundly berated, but still...... please, stop and read the tweets, admire the cute baby animals, they are the best thing I might see today

http://gizmodo.com/we-all-need-this-cute-animal-tweet-off-right-now-1791637395

Now, for bozo.....

We don’t need this!!!

This is why we are in this situation. Every damn time things get tough or serious, everyone retreats into sports or cats or dogs or celebrity gossip or some other bull#### distraction!

Wake the #### UP!

Get angry!

Speak out!

Do not relent and lay back thinking there is nothing you can do! Let your voice be heard and don’t go quiet!

People are scared and you’re hosting articles on cute animals. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Rise up! Stop with the bull#### distraction escapism bull####!

Hijinx

Just set it to midnight already and let's be done with the Doomsday Clock nonsense.

I don't believe for a minute that climate change is caused by humans, BUT even if it is there isn't a ####ing thing we can do about it.
People who believe we can change the climate of this world are full of ####.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crap.

None other than Noam Chomsky said, without equivocation, and he does not like Trump, at all, that the world is just a little SAFER BECAUSE of Trump's friendlier relationship with Russia than what Obama and Hillary had. It's a simple thing to understand. In terms of global Thermonuclear war, there is us and Russia and that's it. Of the 15,000 or so nuclear warheads in the world, we have 6,800 and Russia has 7,000.

This is crap.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“The Trump administration needs to state clearly, unequivocally it accepts climate change caused by human activity…There are no alternative facts here.”

:bs:

Hijinx

“The Trump administration needs to state clearly, unequivocally it accepts climate change caused by human activity…There are no alternative facts here.”

:bs:

I am no scientist, just a poor high school educated redneck, but I would say that the history of the world its warming periods, and it's cold periods, its natural phenomena such as Volcano's spouting CO2 and animals who have been passing gas for eons, the meteors that have hit and changed climate,the industrial revolution when smoke covered the planet. all are alternative facts. Its still here brother.

glhs837

Power with Control
First, it was the Mayan calendar that went no further than 2016; making everybody :jet: Now there's a Doomsday Clock? :doh:

Not now, been round since I think the 70s, maybe even the 60s. Was a huge deal when the Cold War ended, and they moved the clock back a ways.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Perhaps it is time to round up all these nut jobs and send them to the camps.