Peso smacked after Mexican president cancels meeting

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Peso smacked after Mexican president cancels meeting in latest international Twitter spat

Pena Nieto was expected to visit the U.S. next week to discuss immigration and trade issues, and Mexican officials have been meeting with the Trump administration ahead of time. Though Trump seemed to make conciliatory comments about Mexico on Wednesday, the president reversed that sentiment by tweeting Thursdaythat the meeting should be canceled if Mexico won't agree to pay for the wall.

The Mexican president tweeted back, in Spanish, that he informed the White House that he would not be attending the meeting. White House spokesman Sean Spicer later said that the wall could be paid for with a 20 percent tax on all imports from Mexico, but the White House later backtracked and said the 20 percent tax was just an example of what could be done.

I am going to like this Age of Twitter ... no bull s h i t filtered through diplomats or politicians - BOOM what is everyone really thinking

tommyjo

I am going to like this Age of Twitter ... no bull s h i t filtered through diplomats or politicians - BOOM what is everyone really thinking

Not that you'll understand this...but the "filters" as you call them give time for cooler and calmer heads to prevail. Twitter removes that ability to think before one acts.

A cheaper peso, should this move hold, makes their exports cheaper to the rest of the world. On a competitive basis, this little Twitter spat that you are so enamored with makes Mexican goods more competitive than ours.

Neither of you will understand this of course. Nor will you understand that a tariff only serves to make US consumers pay higher prices and retaliatory tariffs on our goods. (hell our illustrious new President doesn't get this either...so why should a couple of his blind supporters get it?)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not that you'll understand this...but the "filters" as you call them give time for cooler and calmer heads to prevail. Twitter removes that ability to think before one acts.

A cheaper peso, should this move hold, makes their exports cheaper to the rest of the world. On a competitive basis, this little Twitter spat that you are so enamored with makes Mexican goods more competitive than ours.

Neither of you will understand this of course. Nor will you understand that a tariff only serves to make US consumers pay higher prices and retaliatory tariffs on our goods. (hell our illustrious new President doesn't get this either...so why should a couple of his blind supporters get it?)

Since you're so brilliant and know so much more than everyone else, how is it that all you do is spend your days picking fights on the internet?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Since you're so brilliant and know so much more than everyone else, how is it that all you do is spend your days picking fights on the internet?

It's a calling "hi I'm dick of the internet", everyone's got a place and this is its.