Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Miss Teia.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Miss Teia continues to do well. Appetite is good, no more blockages (thus far)...

She is getting to be very insistent that she be given a bit of the people food we are eating: Sunday - grilled lamb, Monday - roast beef, Tuesday - baked chicken, Wednesday - potato salad (though, Anita just let her lick the mayo residue off her plate). It used to be an occasional thing, now it's everything, she has to do a sniff and lick test.

She likes to sit on my computer stand and survey her domain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Queen_Teia76.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	118005

Buff likes to burrow into the cover and pad over the couch and make himself a hammock.

Name:	BUff in his hammock72.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	118006

Cooper just surveys the "damage" with amazement at his brother.

Name:	Cooper_Surveying74.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	118007
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Love the pics. Glad Miss T is doing well. When are we invited to dinner? Yum!

I just looked up your sig. Extremely interesting. I learned something today. Thanks!
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Love the pics. Glad Miss T is doing well. When are we invited to dinner? Yum!

I just looked up your sig. Extremely interesting. I learned something today. Thanks!
    I think she will make it at least to her birthday in June. I really hope she makes it to June 2019. She'll be 21, but that will also be 10 years for her with us. I've wanted to give her that as a makeup for the decade of benign neglect she got from her previous people. I will give them full credit for rescuing her and getting her healed up.

Once the house is no longer a still moving in mess...that illness, cancer diagnosis, treatment and aftermath really threw a monkey wrench into things.

Been a Lovecraft fan since 1st reading "The Dunwich Horror" and "The Color Out Of Space" in junior high school. I reread his stories every year or so.
    Take care - Steven

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I think she will make it at least to her birthday in June. I really hope she makes it to June 2019. She'll be 21, but that will also be 10 years for her with us. I've wanted to give her that as a makeup for the decade of benign neglect she got from her previous people. I will give them full credit for rescuing her and getting her healed up.

Once the house is no longer a still moving in mess...that illness, cancer diagnosis, treatment and aftermath really threw a monkey wrench into things.

Been a Lovecraft fan since 1st reading "The Dunwich Horror" and "The Color Out Of Space" in junior high school. I reread his stories every year or so.
    No matter how long Miss T lives, she had an excellent life thanks to you and wife. I am so glad you beat your cancer. If I still lived in Southern MD, I would want to meet you. You are one of the most interesting, and caring people on this forum. Take care of yourself and Miss T.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    No matter how long Miss T lives, she had an excellent life thanks to you and wife. I am so glad you beat your cancer. If I still lived in Southern MD, I would want to meet you. You are one of the most interesting, and caring people on this forum. Take care of yourself and Miss T.
    Shucks ma'am, just tryin' to be the man my mom and dad hoped I would be.
    Take care - Steven

Shucks ma'am, just tryin' to be the man my mom and dad hoped I would be.

Just back from the vet clinic with Miss Teia.
    She was stopped up a little, needed blood work to check how the thyroid medicine is working.

Over all, she looked good for her age, even gained a few ounces since last time.
    Blood work results were good, no surprises. Kidney numbers are still at the low end of too high.
    Thyroid, liver, calcium, electrolytes and blood count were all good, too.

Got subq fluids, considering taking her in every week or so for that.
    She will not stay still long enough at home for us to do it.

First thing she wanted when we got home was food, which is a change from earlier today.
    Take care - Steven

Just back from the vet clinic with Miss Teia.
    She was stopped up a little, needed blood work to check how the thyroid medicine is working.

Over all, she looked good for her age, even gained a few ounces since last time.
    Blood work results were good, no surprises. Kidney numbers are still at the low end of too high.
    Thyroid, liver, calcium, electrolytes and blood count were all good, too.

Got subq fluids, considering taking her in every week or so for that.
    She will not stay still long enough at home for us to do it.

First thing she wanted when we got home was food, which is a change from earlier today.
    You are doing all you can for her. She is a lucky kitty!

Started Miss Teia on Calcitriol for her kidneys (2 doses a week).
    She has been responding well to the thyroid medicine (once a day, cream in her ear).

Last check up she had, weigh in showed she gained a few ounces. Numbers for her thyroid and liver looked good, kidney showed a little weak still.

Will bring her in for a check on the blood work after 5th dose of the new medicine.
    Take care - Steven

Started Miss Teia on Calcitriol for her kidneys (2 doses a week).
    She has been responding well to the thyroid medicine (once a day, cream in her ear).

Last check up she had, weigh in showed she gained a few ounces. Numbers for her thyroid and liver looked good, kidney showed a little weak still.

Will bring her in for a check on the blood work after 5th dose of the new medicine.

Members who have read this thread: 70