Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of School Bus #622 in St. Mary's County

Beware of School Bus #622 in St. Mary's County

If your kid rides this bus, please inform your child not to use this driver as an example of how to drive.

*Last Friday morning, after leaving Spring Ridge Middle School, I witnessed this bus being a real Richard, first exceeding the speed limit going north on Rt 235.

*This bus then got into the middle lane after going through the gate 2 intersection, trying to pass slower moving traffic in the right lane, exceeding the speed limit while doing so. After not being successful in passing upon reaching the red light at gate 1, it fell back behind slower moving traffic into the right travel lane again.

*When the light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the Gate 1 intersection, then passes slow moving traffic by taking to the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE only to reach the red light at Expediton Drive like everyone else, merging back into the right travel lane, ahead of slower moving traffic it just passed.

*Once this light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the intersection about 500-1000 feet and activates it's red lights to pick up a child, stopping all traffic it just passed using the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE illegally!

Bus #622 saved a total of about 14 seconds with this Richard move...

I wish I had a camera similar to those that school busses use to capture traffic violations. I expect these type of moves from commuters, but NOT from bus drivers transporting our kids to school.

BUS #622 - RICHARD!!

Yikes! That is what is so great about this forum because it gets the word out. Even though, it does not affect me, glad to see you post such negligence. Our children are so precious to us. Good of you to post.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    If your kid rides this bus, please inform your child not to use this driver as an example of how to drive.

*Last Friday morning, after leaving Spring Ridge Middle School, I witnessed this bus being a real Richard, first exceeding the speed limit going north on Rt 235.

*This bus then got into the middle lane after going through the gate 2 intersection, trying to pass slower moving traffic in the right lane, exceeding the speed limit while doing so. After not being successful in passing upon reaching the red light at gate 1, it fell back behind slower moving traffic into the right travel lane again.

*When the light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the Gate 1 intersection, then passes slow moving traffic by taking to the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE only to reach the red light at Expediton Drive like everyone else, merging back into the right travel lane, ahead of slower moving traffic it just passed.

*Once this light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the intersection about 500-1000 feet and activates it's red lights to pick up a child, stopping all traffic it just passed using the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE illegally!

Bus #622 saved a total of about 14 seconds with this Richard move...

I wish I had a camera similar to those that school busses use to capture traffic violations. I expect these type of moves from commuters, but NOT from bus drivers transporting our kids to school.

BUS #622 - RICHARD!!
    Not to take things lightly, what happened when you called to report this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I wish I had a camera similar to those that school busses use to capture traffic violations.
    BUS #622 - RICHARD!!
    Dash cam. $15.

5. 11-06-2017, 10:55 PM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I hope he reported it. There is an online form for doing so.

https://docs.google.com/a/smcps.org/...zA9Lw/viewform

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    I hope he reported it. There is an online form for doing so.

https://docs.google.com/a/smcps.org/...zA9Lw/viewform
    I knew you would come through.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I have had school buses pull out right in front of me making a right on red. I have also had them almost merge into me.

The bus driving around here is pretty scary, what can you expect for part time contracted out drivers though?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I did not report it - did not catch the bus owner’s name on the side of the bus. What would that actually accomplish anyway? Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?

I did not report it - did not catch the bus owner’s name on the side of the bus. What would that actually accomplish anyway? Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?
    Are you kidding? You see a bus full of kids breaking the law and you don't report it? The biggest shame you could put on this person is to have them lose their job because they put our children's lives at risk. You could have called the police, the St. Mary's County Public Schools, DOT...
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Then why bother fussing about it on here? You don't need the bus driver's name. You have the bus number. That's all you need in order to report it to the BoE's transportation Dept. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of complaining. If it's that important, REPORT IT.

Members who have read this thread: 143