Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's Estate For Sale

Tom Clancy's Estate For Sale

Huntingtown, MD - The hunt for the right buyer has begun in Calvert County. The 530-acre estate of best-selling novelist Tom Clancy is now for sale and priced at over $6 million. According to agent Angel Stevens of Cummings and Company Realtors, the estate on the Chesapeake Bay and accessible by Camp Kauffman Road in Huntingtown includes a 170,000-square foot house with seven bedrooms.
    “It’s spectacular,” said Stevens, who told TheBayNet.com that Clancy’s estate is not the priciest she’s ever sold or tried to sell. “But it’s right up there,” she added. Stevens said the entire tract is comprised of 11 properties ranging in size from 1 to 200 acres. The property is called Peregrine Cliff.
    http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/09...r6million.html

Nice place!

http://www.peregrinecliff.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Just gorgeous. My old insurance agent did real well for himself. How many estates for sale have their own web site?

do you mean EXCEPT Spadius' section 8 crib on Live PD ???
    to demonstrate absurdity, sometimes one must be absurd

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    I used to live in that area, Wilson Rd. So did my sister and BIL. We used to ride our horses there, along the beach. That was when it was Camp Kauffman. After Tom Clancy bought it, there were No Trespassing signs all over the place.

Thanks Vrai.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I used to live in that area, Wilson Rd. So did my sister and BIL. We used to ride our horses there, along the beach. That was when it was Camp Kauffman. After Tom Clancy bought it, there were No Trespassing signs all over the place.
    And still are.

My folks live a stone's throw north of this property along the Bay. Never knew where it was.

I always thought his house was used in the filming of Patriot Games. But this house looks nothing like that house. Guess it was all hype. A little digging on the net hinted it was actually Harrison Ford's Maryland / County house but that didn't seem too credible. Either way, I didn't care enough to keep digging.

Just curious - am I the only person that thinks this place is just ugly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Potomac View Post
    Just curious - am I the only person that thinks this place is just ugly ?
    Can't tell from all the pictures since they show multiples of the same rooms and views. No bed or bathrooms. No garage or inside of the tennis house. Must be dated and/or dirty.

I thought it was really strange at that price point, fancy video & all that there were no photos of bathrooms/bedrooms
    Guess I'll just have to pass on this listing

Members who have read this thread: 79