Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Miss Teia.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Miss Teia decided today that she likes corned beef hash.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Miss Teia decided today that she likes corned beef hash.
    Miss T deserves to be spoiled. Corned beef hash! Yummo!
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

I don't want to put a damper on all the good work you've been doing, with Miss Teia. But are you aware onions are bad for cats, or do you use a recipe with out onion.? Keep up the good work and may she continue to enjoy a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I don't want to put a damper on all the good work you've been doing, with Miss Teia. But are you aware onions are bad for cats, or do you use a recipe with out onion.? Keep up the good work and may she continue to enjoy a happy life.
    I know what you are saying. Some people food is really bad for pets. But, I think Miss T's days are limited, and she should enjoy herself. I was really ignorant about the people food thing, until I researched it 20 years ago. Yes, onions, garlic, grapes, chocolate, and more are bad. Thanks for your post. I am sure it well help others. And, I guess we all have to make our own choices about our pets.
    Last edited by littlelady; 04-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.

5. 04-30-2017, 02:01 AM

And that's me put in my place!
    Not everyone realises something as innocuous as a small amount of onion can undo all the good work, that has already been done. Vets are not cheap and he obviously wants his friend to be as comfortable as possible. I was just trying to pass on some information that he may not been aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Did make a little portion for her without onion, as she was being very insistent as I was cutting the corned beef. Added a little potato so it was more of a pate. But, that is a good reminder, as I thought I'd read that.
    Take care - Steven

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Did make a little portion for her without onion, as she was being very insistent as I was cutting the corned beef. Added a little potato so it was more of a pate. But, that is a good reminder, as I thought I'd read that.
    Miss T is one lucky girl. And, Mavis is right about the onions. I hope to be wishing Miss T happy birthday in June.

Side note. I deleted two of my posts here because I was thinking too much about my animals. I need to stay on topic and not get too sad, or self absorbed. And, huggy to you and Miss T!

Brought herself to the vet yesterday for a blood check and subq fluids.
    News was good, while her kidneys are still a little weak, her condition is stable.

Teia has even gained 4 ounces, now 5# 13 oz, where she was 5# 9 oz 4 weeks ago.

Her appetite was good today, though she had an upset stomach this morning.

This evening, feeling spunky enough she went out in the back yard and was all the way down the 14 steps to the grass before i got from the patio door to the head of the stairs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1139.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	118407
    Peace in the Queen's House. Teia let Buff share her supper last night.
    From her origins and the way she was in the first few years with us, never thought I'd see her let another cat be this close to her.
    Take care - Steven

How cute! Keep us posted!

Need some kind thoughts for Miss Teia, had to bring her to the vet this afternoon, looks like a urinary infection. Hard on a being of any age, but if she were a human, she'd be 90.
    Take care - Steven

Members who have read this thread: 69