Oops

PeoplesElbow

http://www.wyff4.com/article/employ...elp-wanted-sign-at-upstate-restaurant/8654314

SPARTANBURG, S.C. —
Controversy over a "help wanted" sign at a restaurant in Spartanburg is causing problems for the business' employees.

The sign at Kenny's Home Cooking included the phrase "Minorities need not apply" in English and in Spanish.......

The new sign reads: “Dear Customers. I am the owner Sue. I am really sorry for the sign that posted (earlier). I didn’t know what it meant. After I know, I took it off immediately. English is not my first language. And I never thought about it again. I sincerely apologize for (everything).”

littlelady

God bless the USA
Maybe the owner should learn English. Welcome to America, or leave, if you are that incapable of assimilating. Seems to be the rage as of late. Apologies not accepted. You either get it, or you don't.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maybe the owner should learn English. Welcome to America, or leave, if you are that incapable of assimilating. Seems to be the rage as of late. Apologies not accepted. You either get it, or you don't.
Just because English isn't her first language doesn't mean she doesn't know English. I work with an engineer who knows passable English, but has to translate from Spanish to English in his head to answer. Also, depending on how she wrote it initially, it may have been autocorrected into that

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Just because English isn't her first language doesn't mean she doesn't know English. I work with an engineer who knows passable English, but has to translate from Spanish to English in his head to answer. Also, depending on how she wrote it initially, it may have been autocorrected into that

Well, according to the story, her Korean husband purchased the sign on eBay so they may not have even known (1) that the statement was present and (2) what it meant. Once it went into the window, it might have been considered to be gobbledy gook fine print. ESL is probably the culprit.

Hijinx

Well, according to the story, her Korean husband purchased the sign on eBay so they may not have even known (1) that the statement was present and (2) what it meant. Once it went into the window, it might have been considered to be gobbledy gook fine print. ESL is probably the culprit.

There you go using that racist word for Koreans.

littlelady

God bless the USA

There you go using that racist word for Koreans.

I see what y'all did there! :lol: