Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wifi horrible but wired internet is good

I'd update the router/modem (assuming they are one in the same)

You could be using an older 802.11 standard. You could be using an older modem that isn't using DOCSIS 3.0.

Personally, I like the Arris Surfboard
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Your router is full.. you have a bit backup problem..

Pick it up, turn it upside down and shake it really hard.. they're real tiny so you probably wont see them (unless their in big Byte clumps) but if you do it over a hard surface you might hear them..
    I always wondered what " cleaning the cash out meant "
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Metrocast's infrastructure is HORRIBLE! I have had them out 2 times already this year and 4 times in the last 6 months because of connection issues. Every time it has been either at the junction that feeds my street or the hub that feeds the neighborhood.

They insist that it has nothing to do with the antiquated cabling system that they use but it seems funny that these issues always seem to follow a weather event (i.e. snow, heavy rain, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Members who have read this thread: 56