ISO Recommendations New to area - seeking referrals for good dentists/pediatrician and family doctor

MyTwoCents

We are new to the area and we are looking for referrals to new dentists and doctors.
We live in Prince Frederick and would like to stay close at least for the doctors but willing to travel if there aren't any good ones local.
We need a pediatrician and a family doctor and dentists as well. I would prefer a pediatric dentist if possible or someone that is good with kids since it is not a favorite place for our son to visit.

Please also tell me any places that you recommend we should stay away from in case the recommended places don't accept our insurance.

Thank you in advance for your help.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We are new to the area and we are looking for referrals to new dentists and doctors.
We live in Prince Frederick and would like to stay close at least for the doctors but willing to travel if there aren't any good ones local.
We need a pediatrician and a family doctor and dentists as well. I would prefer a pediatric dentist if possible or someone that is good with kids since it is not a favorite place for our son to visit.

Please also tell me any places that you recommend we should stay away from in case the recommended places don't accept our insurance.

Thank you in advance for your help.

We have used Prince Frederick Dental since my boys were about 4 years old. They are now 16 and 13. My kids have never feared going to the dentist so PF Dental must be doing something right!

Forkian

For the adults Calvert Internal Medicine is good. They have several doctors and locations, including in the hospital in PF.

For the kids Bayshore Pediatrics is by far the best in the area.

I recommend Tender Care Dentistry, for a pediatric dentist. They are located in Charlotte Hall, but well worth the short drive.

Last edited:

Roman

Calvert Internal is probably one of the best for adult care. I think they start seeing kids at the age of 13. Personally, it was a pain having a pediatrician. There are doctors offices that see people from birth, through geriatric. Dr. Susan Nobel, located on Main Street in P.F. is a great dentist for children. Even for kids with special needs.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
For the adults Calvert Internal Medicine is good. They have several doctors and locations, including in the hospital in PF.

I recommend Tender Care Dentistry, for a pediatric dentist. They are located in Charlotte Hall, but well worth the short drive.

I'm pretty happy with Calvert Internal.

Husband uses Calvert Internal (Solomons office) and likes them a lot.

MyTwoCents

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Unfortunately Calvert internal doesn't accept our insurance but Bayshore does. Is there a specific doctor that you recommend or are all of them good and do you get a choice or is it you see who's available at the time?

MyTwoCents

Thank you everyone so far. Unfortunately Calvert Internal does not accept our military insurance. So back to the drawing board since everyone recommended them, guess they're really good.

Forkian

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Unfortunately Calvert internal doesn't accept our insurance but Bayshore does. Is there a specific doctor that you recommend or are all of them good and do you get a choice or is it you see who's available at the time?

They are all really good! If you find a particular doctor that you prefer then you can just schedule your next appointment with that doctor.