Puts All Christians In A Bad Light

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is a major difference between Christianity and Islam.

Muslims would kill the woman. We always wanna kill the other dude.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
This is a major difference between Christianity and Islam.

Muslims would kill the woman. We always wanna kill the other dude.

Who is "we"? The husband? His prerogative, but not smart. Crime of passion? Too bad, so sad. Good thing adulteress wifey talked him out of it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I bet the wife was yelling "OH GOD" and that caught the husband's attention. Then they could say it was olde fashioned revival.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who is "we"? The husband? His prerogative, but not smart. Crime of passion? Too bad, so sad. Good thing adulteress wifey talked him out of it.

I meant 'we' culturally. "We' in the West blame the other guy, generally speaking. In Islam, generally speaking, the done thing is it's HER fault. She's to blame.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This has happened way too many times, but this particular incident really exposes (pun intended) a Christian's personal sin.
Even so, he needs to be removed from any church leadership authority and duties for a good long time.
Hope this stupid can be fixed.

removed forever

:shrug:

I mean really who would trust him ....
oh it makes a good story for someone who turned is life around, he can travel and give lectures ...
IMHO He should never be anything more than 'member' of a church

b23hqb

PREMO Member
removed forever

oh it makes a good story for someone who turned is life around, he can travel and give lectures ...

I tend to agree with the emotional side of it, but once an individual has showed humble and truthful restoration, they can be restored to some things. I would never attend a meeting if such a person were put as the overseer of a church, though. They can still serve useful roles inside the assembly, but they will be under the justifiable microscope of the church family.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I meant 'we' culturally. "We' in the West blame the other guy, generally speaking. In Islam, generally speaking, the done thing is it's HER fault. She's to blame.

In this case, it would have been her fault................. too.

This has happened way too many times, but this particular incident really exposes (pun intended) a Christian's personal sin.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/na...hes-him-bed-with-wife/EN4kFdRTnVJ2R63YarbTjP/

If he is sincere in his apology and subsequent repentance, he should be forgiven by us. Even so, he needs to be removed from any church leadership authority and duties for a good long time.

Hope this stupid can be fixed.

It’s a little too late to save the reputation of evangelical pastors...or Christians in general when it comes to adultery.

No doubt there are plenty more out there like him, but few who will be ‘exposed’ like this dude. Hilarious.

Perhaps there should be a ‘Jimmy Swaggart adulterer of the year’ award. This guy would take the early lead, but there’s always another Swaggart, Jim Bakker, or Josh Duggar just lying in the weeds to take the top prize…

This_person

It’s a little too late to save the reputation of evangelical pastors...or Christians in general when it comes to adultery.

No doubt there are plenty more out there like him, but few who will be ‘exposed’ like this dude. Hilarious.

Perhaps there should be a ‘Jimmy Swaggart adulterer of the year’ award. This guy would take the early lead, but there’s always another Swaggart, Jim Bakker, or Josh Duggar just lying in the weeds to take the top prize…

You find adultery "hilarious"? Well, that explains a lot about YOUR morals.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
You find adultery "hilarious"? Well, that explains a lot about YOUR morals.

I doubt if morals ever enter into his and his kind line of thought. All about PC, all the time. People seem to think Christians should be perfect all the time. Would be nice, but not in this world. Sin catches up to you, but some just don't seem to get it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
removed forever

Who, exactly, appoints, elects, hires or pays a pastor??

Who fires them? Removes them??

Can't ANYBODY be a pastor? I mean you can start having bible study classes in your basement and call yourself a pastor and wear a collar. Who's going to say you can't??

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Who, exactly, appoints, elects, hires or pays a pastor??

Who fires them? Removes them??

Can't ANYBODY be a pastor? I mean you can start having bible study classes in your basement and call yourself a pastor and wear a collar. Who's going to say you can't??

Who says you need to wear a collar? There are no dress up codes fro Protestant clergy, unless they want to or their denomination desires them. I personally think robes, collars and such degrade the message that should be being brought forth.

JMHO