quick question

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
How many are seriously concerned with the contents of any of the recent spate of EO's and how many are just watching the libs running around like butt raped chickens? Personally I'm just enjoying the show and trying to give it a kick when it slows down.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you consider yourself a supporter of constitutional gummint, you should be just as concerned now as you were the last 8 years because, even if you take the position that you trust Trump, or trusted Obama, just as Bush beget Obama who beget Trump, there will be the next guy or gal after Trump and, like Obama fans now, all of a sudden ALL that power in ONE persons hands just doesn't seen quite as sexy as it did at the time.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If you consider yourself a supporter of constitutional gummint, you should be just as concerned now as you were the last 8 years because, even if you take the position that you trust Trump, or trusted Obama, just as Bush beget Obama who beget Trump, there will be the next guy or gal after Trump and, like Obama fans now, all of a sudden ALL that power in ONE persons hands just doesn't seen quite as sexy as it did at the time.
I wasn't especially concerned over the last eight years. If I was going to completely lose it over any president it would have been either Lincoln or FDR.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm on the side of "about damn time". But I'm also not enjoying the butt raped chickens. I find them disturbing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe it was Milo who tweeted out this morning or last night

does the left really want to challenge 55 million gun owners on the right

:jet:

Some dumbass on my friend's FB was calling for civil war. I told him that was the dumbest thing I ever heard and that apparently he is unaware of what happened last time we had one of those. He said, "Yeah, the progressives won!" I replied, "No, the federal government won."

No response after that.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
image.jpeg

Wish I had the imagination to think of these things myself.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Some dumbass on my friend's FB was calling for civil war. I told him that was the dumbest thing I ever heard and that apparently he is unaware of what happened last time we had one of those. He said, "Yeah, the progressives won!" I replied, "No, the federal government won."

No response after that.

Sorry. He's right. The abolitionists were very much the radicals, the progressives of the day. They were VERY much for using the power of the federal gummint, then as today, to get what they wanted, Constitution be damned. You could argue the gummint did the work but they, the radicals, the progressives, controlled it. They ran it. They owned it for a time.