The Navy SEAL Who Gave All in Yemen

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Our longest war had begun the previous September and Owens embarked on the first of his 12 deployments. He served one tour with a SEAL team based on the West Coast. He then transferred to one based on the East coast, the elite of the elite. SEAL Team 6.

In 2003, he became engaged to a woman in the intelligence community. They were married in March 2004. They had four children—a boy and three girls—as the war went on and on and he continued to deploy again and again. He still loved baseball and was a big fan of the San Francisco Giants. The former Grey Ghosts catcher met Giants catcher Buster Posey. "

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/02/the-navy-seal-who-gave-all-in-yemen.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

acommondisaster

Jesus H.

Not to diminish what the Senior Chief did, but 12 deployments....that's not 12 tours of duty. I get what you're trying to imply, and yeah, this stuff has gone on too long - but it's far from over, as long as they're still chopping off heads and blowing stuff up in the name of their religion.

BOP

Not to diminish what the Senior Chief did, but 12 deployments....that's not 12 tours of duty. I get what you're trying to imply, and yeah, this stuff has gone on too long - but it's far from over, as long as they're still chopping off heads and blowing stuff up in the name of their religion.

So I've been doing genealogy lately, and have run across the enlistment papers for various relatives during both WWI and WWII. They all say something to the effect that the enlistment is "for the duration of the war, and 6 months beyond." Now that's a commitment!