Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progress on the flathead V-8 Bronco

Progress on the flathead V-8 Bronco

Getting soooo close....yet it seems like it takes forever.

Hydroboost brake system installed...coolant hoses on...a bit of wiring yet to do and ...vroom vroom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	117013
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I remember when that was a rolling frame and a V-8
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Nice! I like it!

Very nice, is that a Paxton tucked away I see?
    And why did you pick hydro-boost breaks?
    I'm guessing the size of the vacuum booster.. and hydro looks cleaner.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Very nice, is that a Paxton tucked away I see?
    And why did you pick hydro-boost breaks?
    I'm guessing the size of the vacuum booster.. and hydro looks cleaner.
    All of that plus..hydroboost brakes are so much more powerful too.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    All of that plus..hydroboost brakes are so much more powerful too.
    Interesting, I haven't worked around hydro-boost since the eighty's GM diesel era, back then when the engine wasn't running brake pedal when pushed dropped to the floor.
    Is there now a redundancy to keep brakes working with a dead engine?

Long ago a mechanic a few stalls down was pushed in the shop in a diesel PU and he had no brakes, he trashed a metal workbench and his tool boxes when he couldn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Interesting, I haven't worked around hydro-boost since the eighty's GM diesel era, back then when the engine wasn't running brake pedal when pushed dropped to the floor.
    Is there now a redundancy to keep brakes working with a dead engine?

Long ago a mechanic a few stalls down was pushed in the shop in a diesel PU and he had no brakes, he trashed a metal workbench and his tool boxes when he couldn't stop.
    ive never seen a hydroboost setup that wasn't simply manual brakes if the engine died. Hydroboost on all of our competition trail rigs.

ive never seen a hydroboost setup that wasn't simply manual brakes if the engine died. Hydroboost on all of our competition trail rigs.
    Got me, long ago. Thanks.

Hydroboost on all of our competition trail rigs.

I don't know about competition, but it is a 'must have' upgrade for brakes on certain 4x4 boards ... if you don't do a HB your are a poser
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Lookin' good. Is this a toy, or a daily driver?
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.