Muslims in Italy sign anti terror pledge

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Looks like the right leaning parties are having an influence.

Italy's Muslim community signed a pact with the government on Wednesday pledging to "reject all forms of violence and terrorism", with prayers in mosques to be held in Italian.Under the deal, community groups representing around 70 percent of Italy's Muslims have pledged to hold Friday prayers in their mosques in Italian, or at least have them translated.

Italy is home to an estimated one to two million Muslims, mostly from immigrant communities.

leave the gun, take the goat milk

SamSpade

Hear, hear. Good to know.

When I was a kid, if there was "terrorism" anywhere - it could be of many varieties.
My dad actually ate lunch in a corner cafe in England that was blown to bits later the same day.
Because back then, there were terrorists in the UK. There were and are Palestinians who blow up Israelis, such as those at Munich.
There were hijackings - to Cuba. There were terrorists in Central America - and elsewhere.

Now it may be a consequence of our news cycle - but there's mostly that same brand of terrorism the world over.
When you hear of a terrorist attack today, is there any chance that your first thought ISN'T radical Islamic terror?

I think it would be great to hear more of this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hear, hear. Good to know.

When I was a kid, if there was "terrorism" anywhere - it could be of many varieties.

Mostly I remember PLO Bombings, hijackings ... yeah Munich .... Communist Groups - Baader-Meinhof Group