Thread Sealer

DEEKAYPEE8569

Put my new pressure washer together using Teflon tape on the male ends of the high-pressure hose/trigger/pump during assembly. First use shows no leaks. :yay:

DEEKAYPEE8569

what brand did you buy? electric or gas?

Simpson 3000 PSI 2.4gpm MDL: MS60850.....gas.

North and South ends of the house and the detached garage aren't blue like they're supposed to be, so this should fix things.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Put my new pressure washer together using Teflon tape on the male ends of the high-pressure hose/trigger/pump during assembly. First use shows no leaks. :yay:

Hmm, both of my pressure washers have o rings to seal that hose. Did you check those first?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Hmm, both of my pressure washers have o rings to seal that hose. Did you check those first?

Yes, and now that you've mentioned it; it was overkill on my part; thought process being, 'well if this already has these; adding teflon tape to the threads can only make it better.'
I guess now it's time to remove said tape and hope the thing still works. Being overly cautious winds up being more work. /:-\ Maybe I'll learn one of these days.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Bad move. Wait until a "thread" of that tape clogs the tiny orifice in the nozzle. Hope you can get it all out.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Bad move. Wait until a "thread" of that tape clogs the tiny orifice in the nozzle. Hope you can get it all out.

Small wire brush (Check). Pocket knife (Check) WD-40 and/or carb cleaner (Check) Re-assembly sans leaks (Fingers crossed)

Last edited: