Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess the Name of the New Otter at the Calvert Marine Museum

Well, I guess the otters aren't tame as one tried to attack one of the keepers. They wanted it to go into that cage contraption at the front of the enclosure but it wouldn't on its own. So, one of the keepers had to get in the enclosure to coax it. He entered the new otter's enclosure which freak it out and it ran into the pool to hide. The keeper went into the existing otters' enclosure with a large board as protection. Some how the otter got around the board and lunged at the guy's legs. I literally gasped out loud!! Don't think he got an actual bite on him but I wouldn't be surprised if the keeper has to go change his underwear. They finally got the otter to where they wanted it but it was quite the show to watch in the meantime!

Otter cam has been offline for a few days. It's back up and it looks like they only have the original two otters. Wonder what happened to the new one. Maybe the "meet-n-greets" didn't go well and they had to get rid of the new one???

Members who have read this thread: 35