Exodus 32 Plea

seekeroftruth

Exodus 32:11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.​

Wait, wait, wait..... Moses couldn't just stand back and let God do away with everyone except him. He had to try.... and that's a pretty big deal because it could have cost him his life. After all God could have just as easily said.... "you want to stand with them.... well I'll let you.... die...."

This is from the blueletterbible.org site.

In his prayer, Moses first gave the people back to God. "LORD, they belong to You, not to me. I don't want to be god over these people, only You can do that."

Moses then appealed to God on the basis of grace. "LORD, we didn't deserve to be brought out of Egypt to begin with. You did it by Your grace, not because we deserved it. Please don't stop dealing with us by grace."

Moses then appealed to God on the basis of glory. "LORD, this will bring discredit to You in the eyes of the nations. The Egyptians will think of You as a cruel God who led your people out to the desert to kill them. Don't let anyone think that of You, God!"

Finally, Moses appealed to God on the basis of His goodness. "LORD, keep Your promises. You are a good God who is always faithful. Don't break Your promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Israel."​

Well, I've been using the same Bible online all these years. This morning I get an error message 502. I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue. The online Bible I found is not a stable site for me so please pray that our Bible site will come back up for tomorrow.

:coffee: