Telemarketing... your time is past....

Cannon

Dear friends,
I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by February 28, 2017, the White House will review it and respond!
We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the White House to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the White House will issue an official response. Please take a moment to view and if you choose, sign the petition. Once you have signed, feel free to send the link on to all of your friends on Facebook or Twitter. If we get enough signatures, the Whitehouse may look into the issue. IF we do nothing, the disturbing calls will continue unabated.
You can view and sign the petition here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ist-effective-scams-and-robocalls-are-rampant

Here's some more information about this petition:
Please work to make the "Do Not Call" list effective. Scams and robocalls are rampant.
The original Do Not Call list was a good start, but it has become an ineffective tool against annoying telemarketers who just have a computer dialing numbers and giving pitch lines until someone picks up the phone. We are advised by law enforcement to not answer calls we don't recognize, and to hang up with out saying a word to avoid being scammed. We pay the phone bill for our own convenience; to call out to friends and family, and to place calls in the event of an emergency.... not to let telemarketers and scammers get a foot in the door to our homes. Please make the rules lean towards not letting them call in the first place, and make it easier for those that pay the bills to alert the authorities so they can effectively and mercilessly prosecute those who do break the law. Thank you!

Spook

?

Wouldn't it make much more sense to plan a rally in DC? Maybe all major cities? There could be chaos, burning, and of course damage to businesses and property. We could cover our faces and act as if we are third world thugs. We could make signs, chant and bring our children. Do the type of things that make life better for all. You know, assault those who have different opinions, spit on LE, desecrate the flag.

tommyjo

Dear friends,
I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by February 28, 2017, the White House will review it and respond!
We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the White House to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the White House will issue an official response. Please take a moment to view and if you choose, sign the petition. Once you have signed, feel free to send the link on to all of your friends on Facebook or Twitter. If we get enough signatures, the Whitehouse may look into the issue. IF we do nothing, the disturbing calls will continue unabated.
You can view and sign the petition here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ist-effective-scams-and-robocalls-are-rampant

You think the "We the People" feature is new????

Congrats noob...you have found a home and will fit right in on here with the "informed voters" of somd.com!!

Cannon

guess I'm not you

Trying to do things the correct way, and not the teenage way. Grown-ups only, please

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trying to do things the correct way, and not the teenage way. Grown-ups only, please

I tried to sign your petition. Then my computer put up the alert window that this site wasn't acceptable. Also, the site stated that you have to sign in to participate. That is really weird. I do agree with you that the telemarketing calls are annoying. However, we moved 3 months ago and no longer have a house phone; just cell phones. We rarely get telemarketer/scam calls now, and we just don't answer unidentified numbers. Good luck with your petition!

3CATSAILOR

Wouldn't it make much more sense to plan a rally in DC? Maybe all major cities? There could be chaos, burning, and of course damage to businesses and property. We could cover our faces and act as if we are third world thugs. We could make signs, chant and bring our children. Do the type of things that make life better for all. You know, assault those who have different opinions, spit on LE, desecrate the flag.

You are sure to get TV coverage. Probably arrested too. If you're lucky, maybe one of the far left billionaires will bail you out.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You are sure to get TV coverage. Probably arrested too. If you're lucky, maybe one of the far left billionaires will bail you out.

You, obviously, don't read all the forum, or pay attention to Spook's comments. He/she was being sarcastic. Be careful about that, or you might be labeled as a crazy person that wears a vagina on their head. Just looking out for you.:smile:

Last edited:

DannyMotorcycle

No landline for me... but you'll get calls depending on whom you give your # too. Those vacation give away boxes in stores? NEVER put your number in anything offering "free".

Do nothing? well of course "doing nothing" isn't going to solve the problem. We have smart phones these days. We should install apps that check the incomng numbers
against user databases. Apps like "Mr Number" and "Hiya" are two that I hear are decent.

Also as said before, dont' answer unknown numbers. let them leave a message. Also check out Google's Voice feature that let's you screen calls. Http://google.com/voice

BernieP

Resident PIA

I would say this, law enforcement is full of itself. I'm getting spammed form 240-298- xxxx numbers. Numbers that look like it could be a co-worker or other relevant call. If I'm going to simply ignore all incoming calls, I don't need the phone.

Technology has made the Do Not Call list a joke. It seems those numbers rotate. My guess is if you called them back on that number it might end up being a real person and you are simply seeing a false caller ID. They are spoofing legitimate numbers.

The DNC list was never that strong as a lot of groups were able to buy loopholes

I personally feel that they should give you their physical location so you can go give them a real beat down.