Goose Season?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd venture the guess that contacting your local DNR police would be a good source.

pgchustla

Right, the regs. are little ambiguous and the DNR is closed. My understanding is that today is the last day - - assume this applies for public and private property?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Today is the last day in Calvert, public or private makes no difference. Deer season is the only one that has special hunt days on private land, which are specific Sundays.

Goose season is open west of 301 in Charles and Prince George's, and the western part of St. Mary's for another, I think, three weeks. May only be two.

Chris0nllyn

Today is the last day in Calvert, public or private makes no difference. Deer season is the only one that has special hunt days on private land, which are specific Sundays.

Goose season is open west of 301 in Charles and Prince George's, and the western part of St. Mary's for another, I think, three weeks. May only be two.

West of 301 is open until Mid-March.

Chris0nllyn

Yeah, I got off my ass and looked after I posted.
I was out not hunting rabbits in western Charles by the Patuxent yesterday and didn't see or hear a goose.

They've disappeared with this nice weather.

There's usually a steady barrage every morning on the farm I got permission to hunt this year. Saturday (last day this side of 301) was one of the worst days this year. It was only about 30 minutes of action and we scratched up one goose. After that, not a bird in the sky.

Chris0nllyn

OP, shoot me a pm if you ever need someone to join you.

I'm in Calvert and have layout blinds, an A-frame blind, decoys, calls, etc. all I need is land.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
They've disappeared with this nice weather.

There's usually a steady barrage every morning on the farm I got permission to hunt this year. Saturday (last day this side of 301) was one of the worst days this year. It was only about 30 minutes of action and we scratched up one goose. After that, not a bird in the sky.

That was my experience on Saturday in southern Anne Arundel. The place was a goose factory up until three weeks ago and then nothing. The only day that was decent after that was that day we had a little bit of snow. We did hear a bunch the other days but didn't eyeball many. Flying low and fast under the treeline.

Chris0nllyn

That was my experience on Saturday in southern Anne Arundel. The place was a goose factory up until three weeks ago and then nothing. The only day that was decent after that was that day we had a little bit of snow. We did hear a bunch the other days but didn't eyeball many. Flying low and fast under the treeline.

You may have heard our gun shots. I was in Lothian.

WBOC from the Eastern Shore show viewer photos on the evening news. Tonight they had a pic of thousands of geese on the bay side of the Eastern Shore taken a day or two ago. Looks like they might have headed east across the bay.