Exodus 32 Finally.... the tablets

seekeroftruth

Exodus 32:15 Moses turned and went down the mountain with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands. They were inscribed on both sides, front and back. 16 The tablets were the work of God; the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets.

17 When Joshua heard the noise of the people shouting, he said to Moses, “There is the sound of war in the camp.”

18 Moses replied:

“It is not the sound of victory,
it is not the sound of defeat;
it is the sound of singing that I hear.”​

AAhhhh first of all, thanks... my Bible online is working again.

My mom told me a story about when she was a kid. She had one older sister and five younger brothers and sisters. [I identify with her older sister when I read these verses.] My grandmother left my aunt in charge a lot. My mother use to try my aunt's nerves and she liked to get my aunt in trouble too.... for sport, she claimed.

One of the stories she loved to tell was the one about the chicken eggs. With seven children, eggs are important. My grandmother had several prize chickens. It didn't use to get as hot up in the mountains as it does now. Back then, summers in Front Royal, VA were quite pleasant. Apparently though, there were very warm days occasionally. On one of those days, all the stars aligned [to quote my mother], and my aunt in charge. Mom raided the chicken coop and took the eggs up on a big rock. When my aunt found her, she was standing near the rock giggling.... the rock was coated with egg.... mom said she wanted to see if you could cook eggs on the rock.

Those stiff necked morons were about to mess everything up. God told Moses they were up to no good but Moses stood up for them. Just like my aunt stood up in place of my mom on that day..... because my aunt was in charge. Moses left Aaron in charge. Stupid Aaron.... let himself get talked into letting the brat in the hen house without his knowledge or consent. Those stiff necked morons aren't going to take the most of the consequences. That'll be on the back of Moses and Aaron.

This is from the blueletterbible.org site.

It is significant that the tablets were written by God's direct hand. All law and morality must come from God's standard and character, or be up to the opinion or whims of man.

"For as he is the sole author of law and justice, so he alone can write them on the heart of man."​

We might say that Joshua was correct when he said this. However, the noise reflected a spiritual war, not a material war.

:coffee:

Last edited: