Clock boy getting his due

Hijinx

It's just too bad that the attorney who took this case on doesn't have to help pay the costs.,

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
http://www.dailywire.com/news/16664/judge-throws-out-clock-boys-discrimination-lawsuit-james-barrett

Clock Boy became an overnight sensation among the Left — even earning a personal invite to the White House from President Obama — for getting himself arrested on September 14, 2015, by bringing to school a clock that looked far more like a hoax bomb than a clock, refusing to cooperate with the school, and then claiming religious and racial discrimination for the arrest.

Ahmed and his father, Mohamed Mohamed, initially said they would ask for $15 million in damages from the city, but eventually left their demands unspecified. As the federal judge made clear in the ruling, the boy and his father offered zero facts that could lead the court to "reasonably infer" that any employee of the school district had deliberately discriminated against him for race or religion. The Daily Mail notes that the judge also underscored that they "failed to identify any policy, custom, or practice of the City that was allegedly the moving force behind any violation of Ahmed's Fifth Amendment rights."

Mohamed has filed multiple lawsuits over the incident and the fallout, all of which have imploded. One of those lawsuits involved Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro for supposed defamation. In February, a judge slapped down the suit against Shapiro, Glenn Beck, and others, and awarded Shapiro his attorneys' fees under anti-SLAPP statutes.

SamSpade

Nope. I just that there's a lot more important stuff going on yet some of you are worried about "clock boy".

Really?

That's a disappointing response, especially since Clock Boy was the top news story everywhere during its run in the news.

You COULD use that response to just about anything.
I really was hoping you'd just do a mea culpa and move on.

I always GET being dismissive of an opinion piece on a biased site - but a *news* piece, I try to corroborate if it seems like it favors too much the left or right.
It's important to remember that a few of the major news items of the last twenty years appeared FIRST on these little sites, because the big ones didn't want to touch it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nope. I just that there's a lot more important stuff going on yet some of you are worried about "clock boy".

Really?

You presumptive ass. There is no "worry" about it. Just always fun to see the karma bat connect where it should.

But I'll check with you from now on, before I post anything, too make sure you consider it "newsworthy". Oh..and did you even happen to notice the date of my original post? Hmm? The punk and his scheming father took quite a few more bat hits since then. :killingme

But we all know how much your guy Barry liked the kid, so...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Really?

You can't express a thought without being insulting and calling me something I'm not?

Doesn't speak very well of your character or intelligence.

You irony much, bro? Don't like getting called what you clearly were, don't post that BS to begin with, sport. You were a presumptive ass. Sam said it nicer than I did.

You presumed that you were the arbiter of what is important and what not. You presumed that I was "worried" about something.

Not how it works.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Really?

Would you be so kind as to give us the qualified list of "important" things to talk about so we don't screw it up in the future?

BTW... you did choose to reply to this unimportant thread.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Would you be so kind as to give us the qualified list of "important" things to talk about so we don't screw it up in the future?

BTW... you did choose to reply to this unimportant thread.

:lmao: He does not own a mirror, so..