Exodus 32 Out popped a golden calf

seekeroftruth

Exodus 32:22 “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil. 23 They said to me, ‘Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.’ 24 So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”​

I just love verse 24! It makes me laugh every single time I read it! Well, here's the recipe, take some gold, put it in the fire and out pops a calf.... yeah right Aaron!

This is from the easy http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/exodus-19-40-lbw.htm site.

Moses’ questions showed how angry he was with his brother Aaron. At the same time, he knew the Israelites bad behaviour. Aaron’s answer was the truth about the people. He even repeated their lack of respect for Moses. But Aaron did not seem to respect his brother. Instead, Aaron listened to the Israelites’ demand and he made the image.

Aaron told Moses, ‘Then this gold image came out of the fire’. He suggested that it was not his fault. That was a weak, stupid excuse. Perhaps he was too ashamed to say that he had sinned against the LORD​

Maybe Aaron was peer impaired. He felt an urge to please his peers and couldn't help himself.... honest your honor....he's not guilty of crafting that golden calf. Yeah Right!

:coffee: