Invalid SIM Card error

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
When I turned on my phone this morning, it said "Invalid SIM card". I have had this phone for a while and cell phones in general for almost 20 years and have never had this message before. What does it mean and how do I fix it? Phone works fine otherwise.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
SIM card probably went bad. You can get a new one from your service provider.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I tried to remove the SIM card and in the process, removed the battery first. Put the battery back in and turned on phone and error message was gone. Weird!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When I turned on my phone this morning, it said "Invalid SIM card". I have had this phone for a while and cell phones in general for almost 20 years and have never had this message before. What does it mean and how do I fix it? Phone works fine otherwise.

It's possible to shake or drop the phone hard enough for it to lose contact (physical) with the SIM card.. or even a small amount of dust can break the contact.

Removing it and reseating it usually works..

Blow on the contacts if that doesn't work.. put it back in.. no wait.. that was NES.. You phone wasn't made by Nintendo was it??

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It's possible to shake or drop the phone hard enough for it to lose contact (physical) with the SIM card.. or even a small amount of dust can break the contact.

Removing it and reseating it usually works..

Blow on the contacts if that doesn't work.. put it back in.. no wait.. that was NES.. You phone wasn't made by Nintendo was it??

Removing and reinserting the battery seemed to work.