Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots dynasty lacks HOFers

Blog Entries

Patriots dynasty lacks HOFers

When compared to other dynasties. No mention of the Redskins in the article as Gibbs won with different QBs.

Name:  cast.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  100.9 KB

teams
    Even if Donald Trump wins all the toss up states, he would still lose - R. Madcow 11/16

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    Be kind to the unhappy progressives and Democrats in your life.

Makes you wonder how those QB's may have done were they not on teams loaded with talent. Puts Brady in a class of his own. From O line to the defense to running back, receivers, tight ends, when you just keep swapping out pretty much every other part and there is one constant, that's compelling to the case of him as best, ever. Of course, all the no names made a TON of plays so, they get credit, as well as the incredible coaching.

Then, that is also the reason I don't care about pro football as much as I used to; there isn't the time to develop attachment to various players and assistant coaches. Just Bill and Tom.
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    there isn't the time to develop attachment to various players and assistant coaches.
    Hard to get attached to a team that has 40-50% of their team turn over every year.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    So all those other dynasties needed all those "great " players to win their SB's.

The Patriots just seem to do it with good, decent team players.

Therefore, which "team" is better?

Also, the Patriots are still playing, or recently retired. Gotta wait at least five years after that, and for most, a lot longer, to get voted in. If playing on a SB winning team is important in voters minds (it is), then it should logically follow that a slew of these guys with multiple SB wins with NE should be eventually admitted.

I've been watch/observing/following pro football since 1963, and detested the Packers, loved the Steelers, admired the 49ers, detested those stinking Cowboys.

All those great players with their SB wins in those other decades have been surpassed by those run of the mill Patriots players. Poor, poor pitiful New England.
    Last edited by b23hqb; 02-07-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    When compared to other dynasties. No mention of the Redskins in the article as Gibbs won with different QBs.

Name:  cast.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  100.9 KB

teams
    What they lack in HOFers.. they make up for with MFers..
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Hard to get attached to a team that has 40-50% of their team turn over every year.
    have to find a matrix that tracks from SB to SB win, the patriots that were carried over from the last win.. and how many carried over from the first to the most recent win.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    Also, The Patriots are still playing, or recently retired. Gotta wait at least five years after that, and for most, a lot longer, to get voted in. All those great players and their SB wins in those other decades have been surpassed by those run of the mill Patriots. Poor, poor pitiful New England.

Well, who would it be? Maybe Brusci? Harrison?
    Nepotism begins at home

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Well, who would it be? Maybe Brusci? Harrison?
    You're just talking about those already retired, right? Have to add Vinatieri, along with Butch Woolfolk. Bill Belichek, the owner Kraft, and of course Brady will follow shortly after their retirement status. I'll try and think of a few more.
    Last edited by b23hqb; 02-07-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

You're just talking about those already retired, right? Have to add Vinatieri, along with Butch Woolfolk. Bill Belichek, the owner Kraft, and of course Brady will follow shortly after their retirement status. I'll try and think of a few more.
    Bielichek goes without saying, as does Kraft and Brady. Gastkowski has long eclipsed Vinatieri. Does he go for one kick??? Woolfork, I dunno.
    Nepotism begins at home

I mean, the problem truly is that a player doesn't stay around long.
    Nepotism begins at home

Members who have read this thread: 30