Itinerary for Spring/Summer 2017

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Leave the motorhome in Panama City, FL and head to Austin by car.
Leave Austin in mid-May, head to Lincoln by car to see the folks.
Back to Panama City to pick up the motorhome.

Motorhome:
Nashville
Gatlinburg

Leave motorhome in storage in Gburg

By car:
SoMD
Belleville, NJ (this is Monello's hometown; he doesn't care so much but I need to have dinner at Belmont Tavern)
Mystic, CT
Newport, RI
Boston, MA
Portsmouth, NH
Qgunquit/Kennebunkport, ME
Bar Harbor, ME
Montreal, Quebec
Burlington, VT (Lake Champlain, Stowe, etc)
Lake George, NY
New Hope, PA
SoMD

Pick up motorhome in Gburg.

For winter we're looking at the southwest....

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

You'll love Maine. If you can swing it, the first week or two of June was great when we went. It seemed all the tourists were coming up the third week (of course, this meant a couple of the lobsta shacks were closed while we were there) but there's plenty to see and do along the coast.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You'll love Maine. If you can swing it, the first week or two of June was great when we went. It seemed all the tourists were coming up the third week (of course, this meant a couple of the lobsta shacks were closed while we were there) but there's plenty to see and do along the coast.

I've never been to any of the New England states, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Also I forgot to put Montreal on the itinerary list after Bar Harbor.

I've never been to any of the New England states, so I'm really looking forward to it!

If it wasn't such a royal PITA to get onto Long Island, I'd suggest hitting LI after NJ, get out to the East North Shore for some more than excellent wineries and food, then catch the Orient Ferry to Mystic.

Chris0nllyn

I recommend stopping by Portland if you can. It's a fairly small city with a nice waterfront area. Good breweries there also.

I assume you'll hit up Acadia National Park while in Bah Habah? It's amazing.

Speaking of amazing, that BBQ sauce was amazing as well. Never had anything like it and not too mustardy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Speaking of amazing, that BBQ sauce was amazing as well. Never had anything like it and not too mustardy.

Oh good! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, we'll be going to Acadia when we're up that way. Monello loves his national parks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you haven't been, I'd stick a day in Martha's Vineyard in there. So much to see and do there.

We were going to try and stay there for a couple of days but it's crazy expensive. The whole New England coast is insane in summer because they have a tiny little window when people want to be there and the hotels can make money. I'm doing some fancy footwork to find affordable lodging (fortunately this is a surprise skill I didn't know I had until we started this odyssey). But MV will definitely be a day trip if I can pull it off. :yay:

In my next life I want to be a travel planner. There are so many terrific deals to be had out there, you just have to find them.

acommondisaster

We were going to try and stay there for a couple of days but it's crazy expensive. The whole New England coast is insane in summer because they have a tiny little window when people want to be there and the hotels can make money. I'm doing some fancy footwork to find affordable lodging (fortunately this is a surprise skill I didn't know I had until we started this odyssey). But MV will definitely be a day trip if I can pull it off. :yay:

In my next life I want to be a travel planner. There are so many terrific deals to be had out there, you just have to find them.

Crazy expensive, indeed. And not a huge amount of places to stay. I spent a month there about 20 years ago (dear God I just realized how old that makes me). There was a sales receipt from one of the stores in Edgartown in the glovebox of the car we rented - a pair of shorts, a sweater, a belt.....$1300. (actually a bit more, but I don't remember the exact amount) Be sure to stop by The Black Dog if you go...there was a president who bought his girlfriend a t-shirt there the year I was there. ;)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dunno. Monello said it was a cute town, and it's on our route, so we might as well stop by.

Let me pull up a map ... Ah ok, I see it is near NJ .. I understand now

mom was from Central Pa, so I am more familiar with that areas ...... outside Altoona

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
A lot of REALLY good food and it was where the Perfect Storm was based out of. Nothing like George Clooney doing a fake accent. The lobstah is caught fresh from the ocean there.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Since I lived in New England the majority of my life here are some other places to see along the way up to Maine and going to Vermont.

Kittery, ME (Good shopping)
Freeport, ME (LL Bean store open 24 hours VERY cool to look around)
Moosehead Lake, ME
Hampton Beach, NH (nice boardwalk)
Lake Winnipesaukee, NH - Mount Washington is there that you can drive up with the car. There might very well be snow at the top of the mountain even in the summer. In North Conway, NH there are outlets and the Conway Scenic Railroad (http://www.conwayscenic.com/). Wolfeboro, NH is there along the lake and is just beautiful.

Coming back down from there go the western side of MA and go through the Berkshire mountains. I can't think what is there off-hand but it is a completely different side of Mass compared to the eastern side.

Just some ideas since you will be up that way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanks! I'm looking forward to New England but I don't want to fall in love with anyplace up there. I already have too many true loves.