More Than 100 Inauguration Day Protesters Indicted on Rioting Charges

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
More Than 100 Inauguration Day Protesters Indicted on Rioting Charges

A grand jury has indicted more than 100 Inauguration Day protesters on rioting charges in Washington, D.C. In total, 209 people have now been indicted.

The indictment, handed up D.C. Superior Court on Wednesday, charged 146 additional protesters with felony rioting — meaning they face a fine of up to $25,000 and a maximum of 10 years in prison.

On Inauguration Day — Jan. 20 — 230 people were arrested and charged with felony rioting. Twelve cases have been dismissed.

Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies provided 3,000 officers and were supported by 5,000 National Guard members and police officers in patrolling the streets during President Donald Trump's inauguration ceremony.

Rommey

I sincerely hope they make an example out of these people, and if convicted, they get the maximum penalty under the law . Its time to learn that actions have consequences. Most of the protesters think their actions are justified no matter what the laws might say.

Hijinx

I sincerely hope they make an example out of these people, and if convicted, they get the maximum penalty under the law . Its time to learn that actions have consequences. Most of the protesters think their actions are justified no matter what the laws might say.

It's time to stop charging them with misdemeanors and go for felony incitement to riot.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Somehow I think they will just become martyrs, and wear their convictions as a badge of honor.

Hijinx

Somehow I think they will just become martyrs, and wear their convictions as a badge of honor.

When they spend 60 days in jail, fall behind in their schooling and lose their jobs, being a martyr doesn't look so good.
nail tham hard.

And before I forget cancel all Government checks such as welfare, student loans, or food stamps.

tommyjo

I sincerely hope they make an example out of these people, and if convicted, they get the maximum penalty under the law.

Yup...in fact it wouldn't be a bad idea to increase incarceration periods and fine amounts...be nice to be able to make the fine some percentage well above the amount of damage someone causes. If the perpetrator is under age, then hit the parents with the fine.

Peaceful protest (which is the overwhelming majority of what has been happening since Trump was inaugurated) is perfectly acceptable...violence has no place.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0739.jpg