He’s ‘not right, mentally’: Al Franken reveals GOP senators are worried about Trump

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Sen. Al Franken appeared on Friday’s Real Time with Bill Maher and said that opinions of the new president among Republican senators vary. Some say, he said, that he’s “not right, mentally.”

“And then, some are harsher,” he said. “I haven’t heard a lot of good things and I’ve heard great concern about his temperament.”

“I saw this today,” Maher said. “Fifty-one percent of Trump voters believe he should be able to personally overturn decisions by judges.”

“That didn’t surprise me,” Franken replied, then pointed out that half of Trump voters is fewer than a quarter of the people in the country and, “I guess that 48 or 49 percent of Trump voters understood [the federal judiciary is independent] and that’s good.”

“Washington has really made you an optimist, Al,” Maher said.

“They have the majority and we can’t stop them from having hearings and we’re going to have hearings,” Franken explained. “Now, what I’m saying is that the Roberts court has been a pro-activist, pro-corporate, pro-pollution, pro-big money in campaigns and in elections and I’m not going to okay another 5-4 Roberts court.” "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/what-you-people-do-makes-a-huge-difference-al-franken-urges-anti-trump-liberals-to-stay-involved/

SamSpade

I think Trump voters know what the Supreme Court will reveal - that he is completely within his right to what he has done in the travel ban, just as many of his predecessors have.
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if it is overturned unanimously.

I've been watching Franken a long time, long before he was in politics and truth be told - I can't remember ever seeing him when he didn't look like he was severely struggling to pinch a loaf. Even when he was delivering a punch line.

Hijinx

" Sen. Al Franken appeared on Friday’s Real Time with Bill Maher and said that opinions of the new president among Republican senators vary. Some say, he said, that he’s “not right, mentally.”

“And then, some are harsher,” he said. “I haven’t heard a lot of good things and I’ve heard great concern about his temperament.”

“I saw this today,” Maher said. “Fifty-one percent of Trump voters believe he should be able to personally overturn decisions by judges.”

“That didn’t surprise me,” Franken replied, then pointed out that half of Trump voters is fewer than a quarter of the people in the country and, “I guess that 48 or 49 percent of Trump voters understood [the federal judiciary is independent] and that’s good.”

“Washington has really made you an optimist, Al,” Maher said.

“They have the majority and we can’t stop them from having hearings and we’re going to have hearings,” Franken explained. “Now, what I’m saying is that the Roberts court has been a pro-activist, pro-corporate, pro-pollution, pro-big money in campaigns and in elections and I’m not going to okay another 5-4 Roberts court.” "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/what-you-people-do-makes-a-huge-difference-al-franken-urges-anti-trump-liberals-to-stay-involved/

His Peters Principle level was hit the day he put on diapers and posed as a baby.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, if I ever wanted an expert on Republican Congresspeople Al Franken would surely be my first choice.

:rolleyes:

He is, however, the expert on being not mentally right.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Franken always reminded me of a poor imitation of Gilbert Godfreid.

B

barsook8

Yeah, if I ever wanted an expert on Republican Congresspeople Al Franken would surely be my first choice.

:rolleyes:

He is, however, the expert on being not mentally right.

Absolutely spot on. And talk about "fake news": Franken states an opinion and it is quoted as "fact."

BTW, does anyone know if nhboy is "real"? Is (s)he just a left wing propaganda aggregator/troll that sits in the basement somewhere and cranks this crap out for $.25 per piece? Does nhboy even live in the SoMD area (or does (s)he register on sites all over the country and spew this stuff)? Or is nhboy not even a person (loosely speaking); could it be (s)he is really a bot (no one could possibly have so much time on their hands to consistently all hours crank this out)?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
What! Me worried.....

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 151

SamSpade

I would not bet on that it will probably end in a 4-4 split

If that happens, I really will lose faith in our judicial system. I really don't see how some situations aren't clear with regards to the law.

Even during Obama's term, the SCOTUS often voted against him unanimously.

Hijinx

Some jerkwater comes up and challenges the president, a group of idiot Judges in the 9th, back him up and away we go here comes the Supreme Court.

The SCOTUS netter be careful with this one it could be filled with unintentional consequences for the country.

black dog

Free America
I would not bet on that it will probably end in a 4-4 split

I would believe it will take a year to a year and a half for it to get Infront of the Supreme Court.
The ninth Judge will be in place long before that case will be seen.