American Security and Islamic Reform

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
American Security and Islamic Reform

First, reform is essential because the broader Islamic religion includes a significant subset of Muslims who adhere to an anti-American totalitarian political ideology that demands implementation of sharia — Islamic law. This ideology and the repressive legal code on which it rests are not religion. We are not talking about the undeniably theological tenets of Islam (e.g., the oneness of Allah, the acceptance of Mohammed as the final prophet, and the Koran as Allah’s revelation). We are talking about a framework for the political organization of the state, and about the implementation of a legal corpus that is blatantly discriminatory, hostile to liberty, and — in its prescriptions of crime and punishment — cruel.

Islam must reform so that this totalitarian political ideology, sharia supremacism (or, if you prefer, “radical Islam”), is expressly severable from Islam’s truly religious tenets. To fashion an immigration policy that serves our vital national-security interests without violating our commitment to religious liberty, we must be able to exclude sharia supremacists while admitting Muslims who reject sharia supremacism and would be loyal to the Constitution.

Islam must reform so that this totalitarian political ideology, sharia supremacism, is expressly severable from Islam’s truly religious tenets.

Second, sharia supremacists are acting on a “voluntary apartheid” strategy of gradual conquest. You needn’t take my word for it. Influential sharia supremacists encourage Muslims of the Middle East and North Africa to integrate into Western societies without assimilating Western culture. The renowned Muslim Brotherhood jurist Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, who vows that “Islam will conquer Europe, conquer America,” urges Muslim migrants to demand the right to live in accordance with sharia. Turkey’s sharia-supremacist president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, admonishes that pressuring Muslims to assimilate is “a crime against humanity.” The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, a bloc of 57 Muslim governments that purports to speak as a quasi-caliphate, promulgated its “Declaration of Human Rights in Islam” in 1990 — precisely because what the United Nations in 1948 presumptuously called the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is neither “universal” nor suitable to a sharia culture.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...en-sharia-supremacism-islam-ideology-religion

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just stop. There are basic core tenants of Islam, regardless of sect or sub sect, that the vast majority simply agree with as that is what their book tells them. If they consider themselves Muslims, they must. Fundamentals are fundamentals. That the West takes our religion based on reformation and setting aside some of the more...strident...bits merely makes us less fundamentalist. It's up to them to say they're really not Muslims just as it has been up to us to reform past the old ways. The simple fact is most Muslims, to BE Muslim, believe in and agree with core principles. We should respect this instead of treating them as insincere or lesser people.

[video=youtube;fUI_ij5mbTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUI_ij5mbTA[/video]

SamSpade

Just stop. There are basic core tenants of Islam,

Can I interrupt for a second? This is fingernails on the blackboard for me.
It's probably just me, but ...

"Tenets". A tenant pays rent.

While I'm at it, "jibes". (Just commonly used on this forum).
"Jive" is lying.

"Bated breath".
Baited breath stinks like worms. Or minnows.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can I interrupt for a second? This is fingernails on the blackboard for me.
It's probably just me, but ...

"Tenets". A tenant pays rent.

While I'm at it, "jibes". (Just commonly used on this forum).
"Jive" is lying.

"Bated breath".
Baited breath stinks like worms. Or minnows.

Sorry. Tenent.
Definition of tenet. : a principle, belief, or doctrine generally held to be true; especially : one held in common by members of an organization, movement, or profession.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just stop. There are basic core tenants of Islam, regardless of sect or sub sect, that the vast majority simply agree with as that is what their book tells them. If they consider themselves Muslims, they must. Fundamentals are fundamentals.

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people who clearly just don't get that. There are no "radical jihadists" or "radical Islamists"...there are simply those who adhere vigorously 100% and there are slackers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I never cease to be amazed at the number of people who clearly just don't get that. There are no "radical jihadists" or "radical Islamists"...there are simply those who adhere vigorously 100% and there are slackers.

I made the argument to a liberal friend that their defense of Islam was exactly the defense of the klan years ago; not all are violent, most are not. Most do not participate in any way. Can't judge the barrel by a few bad apples.

But they are using the same book, share the same ideas, either publicly or privately point to those ideas as being with good reasons, etc as well as being at least a little supportive. Will cover for them. maybe some opposed but afraid to publicly.

Add in the disguises, the rituals, symbolism. May be bad apples. They're still all apples.