Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Doldrums

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl

The Doldrums

Well, it's here. No football. AARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Nothing but the minor sports. It will pick up in mid-March, and baseball will help, but still, no footbal sucks.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

I always thought The Doldrums were when you got caught with no wind in the intertropical convergence zone.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post

Nothing but the minor sports. It will pick up in mid-March, and baseball will help, but still, no footbal sucks.
    Were you a USFL fan, for spring ball? Trump got away Scott free during the campaign for his rill in destroying the USFL and playing in the spring which was starting to take off when he decided he just had to sue the NFL.

And won.

$1
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Were you a USFL fan, for spring ball? Trump got away Scott free during the campaign for his rill in destroying the USFL and playing in the spring which was starting to take off when he decided he just had to sue the NFL.

And won.

$1
    Is EVERYHTING about politics with you? JFC!!!
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    I always thought The Doldrums were when you got caught with no wind in the intertropical convergence zone.
    It is a nautical term, and I experienced that while sailing a sail boat with NO motor a few times. Gets boring just drifting. Doesn't have to be in any specific area, though, and explains a lot of different doldrums we experience, such as no football.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

And won.

$1
    Not really a fan, but went to games here with the Bandits. I do remember laughing at the attempt to pressure the NFL, and really enjoyed the payment he received. He did destroy the league, but it was their owners money, and they went along with it. That $1 really went a long way.

Thought you followed the Lightning? Or is that only if and when they are in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Thought you followed the Lightning? Or is that only if and when they are in the playoffs?
    I have since their birth in 1992, and do follow, and attend, Lightning games. It is still a minor sport, but fun to watch.

Not really a fan, but went to games here with the Bandits. I do remember laughing at the attempt to pressure the NFL, and really enjoyed the payment he received. He did destroy the league, but it was their owners money, and they went along with it. That $1 really went a long way.
    Point being it would be up and running today because it had a base and growing number of fans.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Point being it would be up and running today because it had a base and growing number of fans.
    Looking back that far, there may have been an acceptable niche for it to continue, and it could still be around, but on a minor level as well. IMHO, of course.

Members who have read this thread: 33