Government by White Nationalism Is Upon Us

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Before the election, when Donald Trump was still just an unlikely presidential nominee, a conservative under the pseudonym “Publius Decius Mus,” wrote a remarkable essay in support of Trump. The pseudonym alone gave a glimpse into the writer’s thinking. The real-life Decius was a Roman consul who sacrificed himself to the gods for the sake of his embattled army.

And in the same way, our internet Decius called on conservatives to embrace Trump—to back the vulgarian who mocked their ideals—for the sake of saving the country as they knew it. “The ceaseless importation of Third World foreigners with no tradition of, taste for, or experience in liberty means that the electorate grows more left, more Democratic, less Republican, less republican, and less traditionally American with every cycle,” he wrote, hailing the real estate mogul as the only figure who understood the stakes, who would beat back these “foreigners” and preserve America’s democratic tradition as Decius saw it.

Not a tradition of pluralism, but one of exclusion, in which white Americans stand as the only legitimate players in political life. A dictatorship of the herrenvolk." "

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2017/02/government_by_white_nationalism_is_upon_us.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_bot

itsbob

I bowl overhand
" Before the election, when Donald Trump was still just an unlikely presidential nominee, a conservative under the pseudonym “Publius Decius Mus,” wrote a remarkable essay in support of Trump. The pseudonym alone gave a glimpse into the writer’s thinking. The real-life Decius was a Roman consul who sacrificed himself to the gods for the sake of his embattled army.

And in the same way, our internet Decius called on conservatives to embrace Trump—to back the vulgarian who mocked their ideals—for the sake of saving the country as they knew it. “The ceaseless importation of Third World foreigners with no tradition of, taste for, or experience in liberty means that the electorate grows more left, more Democratic, less Republican, less republican, and less traditionally American with every cycle,” he wrote, hailing the real estate mogul as the only figure who understood the stakes, who would beat back these “foreigners” and preserve America’s democratic tradition as Decius saw it.

Not a tradition of pluralism, but one of exclusion, in which white Americans stand as the only legitimate players in political life. A dictatorship of the herrenvolk." "

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2017/02/government_by_white_nationalism_is_upon_us.html?wpsrc=sh_all_dt_tw_bot

Is there no bounds to the depth of your ignorance??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
na·tion·al·ism
ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: nationalism

patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
"their extreme nationalism was frightening"
an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
plural noun: nationalisms
advocacy of political independence for a particular country.

When did patriotism become "frightening" and when did it become a synonym for "xenophobia" and "chauvinism"?

That, of course,is according to Google. Merriam Webster says:

Definition of nationalism

: loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups <Intense nationalism was one of the causes of the war.>

: a nationalist movement or government <opposing nationalisms>

That is what I've always understood nationalism to be, and still don't understand why that is a bad thing.

SamSpade

I *suspect* - the complaint about nationalism is when it is exercised not as patriotism but as a "we're superior to everyone else - and we'll prove it when we step on you insects" stuff.

But that is a complaint with regard to an interpretation of what it can be.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
White nationalism? :rolleyes:

All my black friends down here support Trump. Every single one of them. And in just one month, businesses are booming down here.

I hate Trump as a person and hate many of his policies, but he's the best thing to ever happen to the U.S. economy.

Restitution

Not a tradition of pluralism, but one of exclusion, in which white Americans stand as the only legitimate players in political life. A dictatorship of the herrenvolk."

I don't know about the America that you are referencing here but.....

I did hear about this place that just had an African American elected President.... TWICE... if you can believe that! I heard that he kinda screwed things up and some of the people got sick of it though. He did spend 8 years in the highest office in the land so I would say that he was a "legitimate player" being non-white.

If only I could remember where that was...... Hmmmmm......

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
To determine the state of slate, consider that the author of this tripe is the Chief Political Correspondent for Slate.

Hijinx

I suppose the people would like Black Nationalism better. Led By the CBC which thinks there is a flag on Mars and that Guam is going to tilt.